Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Lyrics for Virtual Jukebox  (Read 7971 times)

Lord_Hutt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 29, 2002, 11:54:22 pm
  • They all float down here, Georgie!
    • Arcade Solutions
Lyrics for Virtual Jukebox
« on: December 04, 2002, 10:06:44 pm »
Has anyone here started to get the lyrics together for VJ yet?

I just finished renaming about 4000 mp3's so they would be named right for it.....was'nt as bad as I thought.....It only took about 3 hours.

But, back to the original question.....the lyrics....this will require much more time.....as I would like to have complete accurate lyrics for every song I have.

This would be a much easier task if we worked together on this.

So far I have completed 3 groups.....Pennywise, Led Zeppelin and Nine Inch Nails.....all lyrics for all cd's.

If others will do certain groups we could trade the text files and save many hours of work.

I have webspace where I can even post them.

If anyone is interested let me know.

I assume everyone (or most everyone) has there songs named like this for each cd:

01 - <title>
02 - <title>
03 - <title>

since the text files have to match the mp3 names this is important.

I am sure everyone knows this also but I will mention it anyway.....if you want lyrics just goto yahoo or google (or any search engine) and do a search for <group> lyrics and you will find sites for just about any group.  Check out a couple and you will quickly know which is the most reliable and accurate.
If you are interested in doing this please make sure you get them from a good site that has 100% accurate lyrics.....I am one of those excessively picky freaks :-)

Once you get a system down it does not take as long as you would think.....for example between Nine Inch Nails and Led Zeppelin there are about 200 different songs and I probably banged these out in less than 90 minutes.
If you would like a couple of quick tips how to zip through this quickly, let me know.

Umm.....the next groups on my list for me to do will probably be The Offspring, Green Day, Bad Religion, Blink 182, System of a Down, Rob Zombie, White Zombie, Static X, and Rammstein......I will probably have these done by the weekend.

So, if anyone is interested let's get this rolling!!!
Let me know what groups you would be interested in doing as to avoid a bunch of people doing the same ones.

later,
Andy

ArcadeFX

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 10, 2004, 11:16:56 pm
  • All the Dude ever wanted was his rug back!
    • ArcadeFX
Re:Lyrics for Virtual Jukebox
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2002, 11:22:46 pm »

Lord_Hutt

• Offline Offline
    • Arcade Solutions
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2002, 07:55:46 am »
http://www.lyrics.com/

Not a bad site but not complete for many goups.....I checked out a couple of groups.....one has about 7 cd's and the other at least 15 and it only had lyrics for 1 cd each.
You are better off going to a dedicated fan site or the groups official site.....and then they still have to be save as individual files.

-Andy
« Last Edit: December 05, 2002, 08:03:34 am by Lord_Hutt »

ArcadeFX

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 10, 2004, 11:16:56 pm
  • All the Dude ever wanted was his rug back!
    • ArcadeFX
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2002, 11:30:01 am »
Here are a few more that might help.  Fan sites are probably just a good if you have an artist in mind.

http://www.purelyrics.com/

Lord_Hutt

• Offline Offline
    • Arcade Solutions
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2002, 11:56:42 am »
Here are a few more that might help.  Fan sites are probably just a good if you have an artist in mind.

I appreciate the links but finding the lyrics is no problem....I am looking for people that want to download a complete set of lyrics for a particular group, make each individual one into a text file and name them properly (this is where a lot of time come into play.)  I can get all the lyrics for a group in minutes but making the individual text files and naming them properly is what takes all the time....especially when you have about 4000 mp3's.
I listed what groups I have completed and whichi I will do next in my original post.
So if you want to volunteer to do some particular groups let me know.....if there is enough interest I will put them on a website for download (I will put complete groups into zip files and then you would just have to put them in the appropriate folders on your hard drive.

Thanks!
Andy

eightbit

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 07, 2019, 07:38:11 pm
  • My cab is never done...
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2002, 10:22:08 am »
When are you going to do some country music?  ;D
My statements are my own opinions. They have the value that the reader gives them. My opinion of my opinion varies between foolish and brilliant and these opinions often change with new information.

Lord_Hutt

• Offline Offline
    • Arcade Solutions
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2002, 04:16:11 pm »
When are you going to do some country music?  ;D

Country.....if you send 50 hookers to my house to please me I may consider doing some country. 8)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2002, 04:18:14 pm by Lord_Hutt »