Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Would anyone be interested in a custom Showcase cabinet w/ 37" monitor?  (Read 3098 times)

gamepimp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 10, 2024, 01:38:47 pm
Hi all. About a year ago I completed my project which turned out to be the cabinet of my dreams. The cabinet itself is modeled after the Showcase cabinet (Tekken Tag, Gauntlet Dark Legacy, & many other games) but has a bunch of extra features. For instance, underneath the monitor sits a mini-entertainment center with tinted glass doors that houses my pc, a stereo tuner to run the six-speaker sound system, and many other goodies. The interface that connects the joysticks and buttons (4 joys and total of 32 buttons) to the pc is a Hagstrom KE-72. There is a 4 player coin door that is lighted and is also interfaced to the computer. A fluorescent marquee with a custom MAME logo sits above the monitor. Of course, a picture is worth a thousand words, so check it out at www.geocities.com/gamezink/arcade.html  :D I'm sorta broke at the moment and I've been too busy to play games, so I'm am thinking about selling my cabinet. Just curious what kind of offers people would give for this awesome cabinet. If you are interested, please email me at gamepimp@hotmail.com  I live in Northern California and this setup would definitely have to be picked up. The monitor itself weighs in at a hefty 250 lbs.

G-Pimp

nullb0y

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2023, 04:37:32 pm
  • Who wants some?
    • antinull
Re:Would anyone be interested in a custom Showcase cabinet w/ 37" monitor?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2002, 02:33:12 pm »
THAT THING IS SO SWEET!
Alright. Who wants some? Who's next? Huh? How 'bout it? Who wants some? Huh? Who wants to have a little? You.
  You want some more? Huuuh? You want a little? Do ya? Huh? You want some more? Huh? Huh? Hh!

SNAAAKE

• -Banned-
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 21, 2004, 03:44:18 am
  • Banned for abusive postings.
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2002, 03:00:13 pm »
OH MY GOD ! ! !

my dream will ever come true or what ::)

man if you lived local then i would def get it at any cost.
however,it must be very painfull to get rid of your cabinet. :'(

dont sell it under $1500  :)

hyiu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 29, 2014, 05:36:15 am
  • too many games... too little time....
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2002, 11:17:35 am »
Dammm..... it is NICE !!!!

too bad I won't have the $$ and space to have one of these....

Another Brilliant mind ruined by education....  :p

nullb0y

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2023, 04:37:32 pm
  • Who wants some?
    • antinull
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2002, 06:43:18 pm »
so uh how much?? lol as if i could pay it
Alright. Who wants some? Who's next? Huh? How 'bout it? Who wants some? Huh? Who wants to have a little? You.
  You want some more? Huuuh? You want a little? Do ya? Huh? You want some more? Huh? Huh? Hh!

BombProofPlane

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 11, 2009, 04:14:14 pm
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2002, 08:11:03 pm »
if i wasn't 70% done on my cabinet which is nearly identical but white gray i would have bought it too late dude btw how did you do the speaker grills?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2002, 08:18:39 pm by BombProofPlane »

Dave_K.

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 06, 2022, 03:27:30 pm
    • Arcade Fever
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2002, 10:16:20 pm »
I live in Northern California and this setup would definitely have to be picked up. The monitor itself weighs in at a hefty 250 lbs.

G-Pimp
I know I shouldn't ask this as I probably can't afford, but exactly where in Northern CA do you live?  And would you consider selling it without the monitor?

-Dave
« Last Edit: September 16, 2002, 10:16:50 pm by Dave_K. »

gamepimp

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 10, 2024, 01:38:47 pm
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2002, 01:13:28 am »
I live in Chico which is north of Sacramento. The monitor housing was built to accomodate the Mitsubishi monitor that's in there, and I would have no use keeping it. Besides, it really is spectacular and comes with its own remote control! The monitor itself set me back about $1000. I was thinking the whole setup would probably be worth about $2000 (which really is just material cost and not the labor that went into building it). I forgot to mention a few things about the machine. First off, the wood that the cabinet is constructed out of is a special type of light weight MDF made in Chile. It is called "UltraLite" and weighs about a 1/3 of normal MDF. It is very sturdy and very easy to move around. The cabinet is composed of three pieces: the monitor housing, the main cabinet, and the control panel. There is a custom piece of plexiglas that covers the top of the control panel which was intended to cover some artwork that I was going to design for it. The only thing this cabinet could really use is some formica to cover the screws that hold the panels together. Of course, the hardware is all painted black so it is not very noticeable. Anyway, those are the details I forgot to mention. As far as the speaker grills are concerned, they were custom bent by a sheet metal shop. This arcade machine is truly one of a kind  ;)

Dave_K.

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 06, 2022, 03:27:30 pm
    • Arcade Fever
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2002, 02:02:17 am »
The reason why I ask (about the monitor) is that I already have a 36" VGA monitor I've been planning to use in a similar homemade showcase style cabinet.  Of course I'm just kidding myself as I don't have the time or tools to accomplish this feat.   But at least my monitor is getting good use with my consoles.   Your best bet is to advertise in the local paper/classifieds

-Dave

jerryjanis

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 02, 2023, 01:56:44 am
  • Skate or Die!!!
    • Jake's Joystick
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2002, 01:35:07 am »
I originally built a control panel to complement a HotRodSE that I bought...  I liked the idea that control panels were nice and moveable, 'cause I'm young and I move a lot...  Then somebody offered me a free cabinet in my neighborhood, and I couldn't pass it up!  (a honda civic with a full sized cabinet poorly strapped to the top probably looked pretty funny - for the people that weren't concerned for their personal safety!)  So I guess I'm U-Hauling for the rest of my life, any time I move.  But shoot, man, the idea of building something like that makes me want to own a nice big house where it could permanently reside!  That thing looks sweeter than anything I've seen.  However, I'm already up sh*t's creek with a terd for a paddle with my 25' monitor setup.  I have to move on Saturday, and U-Haul charges 3 times as much to move from NYC as it costs to move from anywhere else.  Free cabinet->$350 moving charge...  Hmmmmm....  All I can say is, don't sell it!  I mean, c'mon, dude, times can't be that tough, can they?  Pretend like you don't own it...  Pretend like you gotta make due with what you got (besides the superior arcade cabinet) and go through with the hard times happy knowing that your beauty awaits you at home...

It's too bad that MAME wasn't built with business in mind - heck, I'd love to make a special trip out to your little arcade museum and feed quarters into that thing.

Oh, well.  Maybe feeding the kids is more important than the ultimate home video arcade.  But heck, it's not like they're going to die or anything.  Maybe those little ---daisies--- could get paper routes or something and help out through the hard times!

Get a paypal account - ask for donations...  I'm not all that into helping society or being nice or anything like that...  I'm more into donating to extravagent causes like arcade cabinets.  Heck, I'd throw you a couple bucks for the sake of preserving your dream rather than selling it off to some rich jerk who will expect it to work like a nintendo - plug and play and all of that; somebody who will end up tossing it into a pile along with their complete set of rare Pokemon cards and artificially intelligent, battery operated pets and all the new ingeniously expensive lego sets and, of course, the starving, lonely pony.

"I want that".  Naw, if you want something that sweet, you pour your heart and soul and pocketbook into building it yourself.  And when it's time to bite the bullet, you find some other bullet to bite, because...  Because...  Because because because, because of all the wonderful things it does!

But hey, that's just my own uninformed take on the matter.

SNAAAKE

• -Banned-
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 21, 2004, 03:44:18 am
  • Banned for abusive postings.
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2002, 04:10:02 am »
hey jerry..you okay in there man  :P

hehe..it was funny so i ask.

for the seller..it cant be that bad that you gotta sell to your cab to pay bills and stuff..

get a job or somethin...or make joysticks and sell it on ebay.