Software Support > DOS/WinCab

WinCab Jukebox question...

<< < (2/3) > >>

Howard_Casto:

--- Quote from: RacerX on May 27, 2004, 09:30:54 am ---
Last night, I even tried writing a wrapper in VB that makes the cursor invisible, runs JukeWin.exe, then makes the cursor visible again when you exit JukeWin.exe, but the cursor was still visible in WinCab, it was only invisible when mousing over the VB form.  So much for that idea.   :-\

--- End quote ---

Hehe... learn about the windows interface.  A new cursor is created for every form in windows and control of said cursor can only be done locally (within the form or application).  This is so when you download a badly coded program and it doesn't restore the cursor upon exit, you don't have to restart windows.  :D

However, most programs draw the cursor from the current theme in windows.  So how you write a wrapper that your talking about is as follows.....  

1.  Make a new cursor scheme with all transparent cursors.  

2.  Write a module in vb to change the current cursor scheme.  

2b.  Write a module in vb to detect the current cursor scheme.

3.  Write a wrapper that records the current scheme, changes the scheme to the "blank" one you made, launches a program, and upon the program's exit, changes it back to the last scheme you recorded.  

However, this is DANGEROUS.  If your code is bad and for some reason the cursor doesn't change back, you'll have to boot into safe mode to get a cursor again and manually change the scheme back.  Also, sometimes safemode doesn't change the cursor, and then you'll have to hunt and peck to naviagte to the properties page.  

Hope that clarifies things,

HAC  

RacerX:

--- Quote from: Howard_Casto on May 28, 2004, 04:36:53 pm ---However, most programs draw the cursor from the current theme in windows.  So how you write a wrapper that your talking about is as follows.....  
<snipped>
HAC  

--- End quote ---

It appears that WinCab jukebox does not do this.  I just use the default Windows XP cursors.  But when I run WinCab jukebox, the cursor is slightly smaller and black in color.

In fact, Chris had suggested that I make my cursor a single dot, which I tried.  WinCab jukebox still changes the cursor to a small black arrow.

So while the method you suggest would work for most things, unfortunately, it won't work for this.

Thanks, though.

Chris:

--- Quote from: RacerX on May 28, 2004, 06:41:08 pm ---In fact, Chris had suggested that I make my cursor a single dot, which I tried.  WinCab jukebox still changes the cursor to a small black arrow.

--- End quote ---
If you're seeing the small black arrow, then it's a bug in my code.  I'm in the code right now; I'll see what I can find.

--Chris

RacerX:

--- Quote from: Chris on May 29, 2004, 08:51:51 am ---
--- Quote from: RacerX on May 28, 2004, 06:41:08 pm ---In fact, Chris had suggested that I make my cursor a single dot, which I tried.  WinCab jukebox still changes the cursor to a small black arrow.

--- End quote ---
If you're seeing the small black arrow, then it's a bug in my code.  I'm in the code right now; I'll see what I can find.

--Chris

--- End quote ---

Thanks, boss.  I appreciate you looking into this.   :)

Chris:
I found a solution to the problem; the fix should be in the next version.

--Chris

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version