Software Support > DOS/WinCab

WinCab Jukebox question...

(1/3) > >>

RacerX:
When you run WinCab jukebox, the mouse cursor is visible.  Is there a setting in the jukebox.ini file to make it invisible that I am missing?  When I run the program on my arcade cab, I just move the cursor to the edge of the screen so you can't see it, but I'm about to build a dedicated jukebox, and I won't have a mouse available to move it off screen on that so I really need to make it disappear somehow.

Last night, I even tried writing a wrapper in VB that makes the cursor invisible, runs JukeWin.exe, then makes the cursor visible again when you exit JukeWin.exe, but the cursor was still visible in WinCab, it was only invisible when mousing over the VB form.  So much for that idea.   :-\

Chris:
I'm guessing you're using Windows XP?  I do turn off the cursor, but XP doesn't seem to honor it.  :(  This is an issue with the Allegro library that I'm using; I'll see if a more recent version gets around the problem, as I now have XP on my development machine.

Otherwise, if you're doing a dedicated jukebox, you could set the Windows cursor to blank, or perhaps to a single dot that you'll only see when you're looking for it.

If it's not XP, let me know what you're running...

--Chris

Thenasty:
what about not hooking up a mouse. I don't remember if the pointer is visible when there are no mouse connected.

Chris:
I'm pretty sure it is....

RacerX:

--- Quote from: Chris on May 27, 2004, 01:24:04 pm ---I'm guessing you're using Windows XP?  I do turn off the cursor, but XP doesn't seem to honor it.  :(  This is an issue with the Allegro library that I'm using; I'll see if a more recent version gets around the problem, as I now have XP on my development machine.

Otherwise, if you're doing a dedicated jukebox, you could set the Windows cursor to blank, or perhaps to a single dot that you'll only see when you're looking for it.

If it's not XP, let me know what you're running...

--Chris

--- End quote ---

Yes, sir.  I'm using XP.  Thanks very much for looking into this for me, and, duh, I don't know why I didn't think about just changing my mouse cursor to a period.  Thanks for the idea!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version