Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Displaying Screenshots in ArcadeOS  (Read 854 times)

Popcorrin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 06, 2022, 11:11:43 am
Displaying Screenshots in ArcadeOS
« on: April 20, 2004, 11:47:59 am »
How do I get snaps to display in ArcadeOS?  I have read all the documentation and it seems that they should display without any configuring.  I went into the arcadeos.cfg file and thought i might need to make an adjustment to the screenshot path but did not see a line for the path.  My screenshots are in the mame/snap folder as usual.  I'm guessing I am missing something simple.  Thanks in advance.

creatine28

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 26, 2012, 03:41:48 pm
  • Which way to the Arcade?
Re:Displaying Screenshots in ArcadeOS
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2004, 12:17:54 pm »
There should be an option under the ArcadeOS menu that says something like "Display" , this is where you need to indicate that you want to use screenshots etc..    I usually get to the menu by pressing "2" and then going into "ArcadeOS config" options.  Can't remember what the exact options are at the moment, since I'm not at home to test it?  Hopefully I've helped?   I'll take a look at ArcadeOS tonight and verify.

Steve

wakerlet

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 25, 2007, 11:37:53 am
  • 1-2-3-4..thats the combination on my luggage
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2004, 12:48:51 pm »
You will need to be sure that your snapshots are 256 color images since ArcadeOS does not support the higher color depth.  Search the ArcadeOS forums at www.mameworld.com.  I know there were a few posts on how to convert your snaps to 256 color images.

-Todd

Popcorrin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 06, 2022, 11:11:43 am
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2004, 01:14:42 pm »
Thanks for the responses. :)     Just curious, what is the color depth on snapshots taken by mame?

wakerlet

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 25, 2007, 11:37:53 am
  • 1-2-3-4..thats the combination on my luggage
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2004, 02:16:08 pm »
Thanks for the responses. :)     Just curious, what is the color depth on snapshots taken by mame?
As it is with most things, it depends.  You can force the color depth using the -depth command line option.

-depth 8 starts the game with 8 bit depth and thus the screenshots would be 8-bit depth.  BTW, this is the depth ArcadeOS supports.