Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: A couple of quick reviews.  (Read 4440 times)

paigeoliver

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2022, 06:10:15 pm
  • Awesome face!
A couple of quick reviews.
« on: March 31, 2004, 01:52:37 pm »
I recieved the Oscar "Vortex" spinner with machined aluminun knob today. I had ordered ot for a customer.

All I have to say about it is WOW! I am massively fighting the urge to keep that Spinner and try to pass off my old Tac/Scan spinner to my customer. Of course I won't actually do that, but I REALLY want to.

If you order one of these then you WILL be happy with it.

I was also very happy with my recently received upgrade kit for Betson/Imperial 3" PS2 trackballs. Groovygamegear.com sells this item. What it is, is a new set of encoder discs for the trackball that have about 100 vanes on them, compared to the 24 on the stock set. After I installed those on my trackball I found it to be much more responsive, and I found that Crystal Castles finally had the same feel on the PC as it did on my dedicated cabinet.
Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.

JamesS

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 09, 2014, 03:26:43 pm
  • Just getting Started, Bare with me...
Re:A couple of quick reviews.
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2004, 02:11:37 pm »
I also have to second the Vortex.  I finally got to hook it all up last night and get to play with the spinner.

Although I noticed in Windows, if you spin to the right, the cursor goes left, and vice versa, is this normal, or have I reversed the wires?

But back to the Spinner, it plays very well.  I love it.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2004, 02:12:06 pm by JamesS »

paigeoliver

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2022, 06:10:15 pm
  • Awesome face!
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2004, 02:24:24 pm »
You probably have the wires reversed.
Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.

Edgedamage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 06, 2018, 12:21:23 am
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2004, 02:39:48 pm »
Dammm I ordered a set of Randy's incoder wheels for my ebay trackball. Which I totally rebuilt with new rollers and bearings and ball. But the optics are dead so I am unable to test them. But I have to say the wheels have some fine craftsmanship to them. Not to offend anyone they have some fine "craftspersonship" to them.
Curls in the squat rack !?!?!

OSCAR

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 06, 2018, 11:31:53 pm
  • I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem...
    • Oscar Controls
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2004, 06:59:39 pm »
I also have to second the Vortex.  I finally got to hook it all up last night and get to play with the spinner.

Although I noticed in Windows, if you spin to the right, the cursor goes left, and vice versa, is this normal, or have I reversed the wires?

But back to the Spinner, it plays very well.  I love it.

If you are using one of the USB interfaces for the spinner, unplug the 3-wire plug from the header, rotate it 180deg, and plug it back in to correct the direction.  If you are using an Opti-PAC, then just reverse the X1 & X2 wire connections.  And if you are using your own mouse hack, reverse the S1 & S2 wires going to the optic board.

BTW - Thanks for the comments on the Vortex, Paige & James!  I'm glad you guys are happy with them.  :)