Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Duo Poko - My new crazy stoopid idea.  (Read 937 times)

paigeoliver

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2022, 06:10:15 pm
  • Awesome face!
Duo Poko - My new crazy stoopid idea.
« on: May 12, 2003, 01:34:11 am »
I am usually not too big on builing standard cabinets because it is easier to just find them. But now I have an idea that would require building a cabinet.

This is going to be a single player cabinet with two monitors and custom artwork.

See that cat picture that is my Avatar? That is the cat from Uo Poko. I want him to be the sideart, (although not in that pose), AND I want the side of the cabinet to be shaped like the cat (kind of like how BurgerTime cabinets are). Basically the side pieces would follow the outline of the cat in a standing pose.

Cabinet would be yellow (of course) and probably have front artwork as well (all painted, either stencilled or by hand).

Now onto the twin monitors. I have three of those 21" KDS pixel touch monitors and would use two of them for this project. I would probably sink the main one down at a 45 degree angle like the Pac-Man games have and then have the other one up top in the "head" area facing directly outward. The top monitor would display the marquee and game instructions using a multi-monitor enabled front end.

The control panel would duplicate my current control panel with the addition of a second 8-way joystick so I can actually play Robotron on the thing (this would also allow two player Uo Poko since it doesn't really have any buttons).

Control panel would go like dis (straight across, no controls above or below anything else, except the start buttons which will be above the 8-way on the far right).

8-way, 4-way, 6 buttons, trackball, 8-way.

Does this seem feasable to any of you?

I already have everything I would need for this project with the exception of the wood and t-molding. (Controls, monitors, brackets, etc I already have).
Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.

shmokes

• Just think of all the suffering in this world that could have been avoided had I just been a little better informed. :)
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 24, 2016, 06:50:42 pm
  • Don't tread on me.
    • Jake Moses
Re:Duo Poko - My new crazy stoopid idea.
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2003, 01:37:55 am »
Feasible?  Yes.  Extravagent?  Yes
Check out my website for in-depth reviews of children's books, games, and educational apps for the iPad:

Best Kid iPad Apps

planetjay

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 22, 2019, 10:50:57 pm
  • Ex-Evil Admin Monkey.
    • planetjay.com
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2003, 01:53:31 pm »
Extremely LARGE? Yes.
planetjay.com. Still in Chicago. Still no hurricanes!

wee beastie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 06, 2003, 03:33:02 pm
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2003, 04:30:12 pm »
god forbid you ever need to move it.  Mine is heavy/bulky enough with only one monitor