Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Software/programming help - arcade unrelated  (Read 42 times)

_Iz-

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:59:51 pm
  • Time to coin up!
Software/programming help - arcade unrelated
« on: Yesterday at 07:11:14 pm »
This is unrelated to arcades but during my time on this forum I have read several threads that lead me to believe that someone on here might be able to help me out.

I use a CAD/CAM program called Alphacam at work to fabricate stone countertops. It has VBA integrated that allows us to create macros to automate the repetitive aspects of the job. We have an extensive automation system setup.

There was one item left out of the API for the version of Alphacam we have. The ability to read the state of the autosnap function from the VBA API, or a way to force autosnap into a known state (either on or off). The only thing we can do is toggle it (if it’s on, it turns off, and vice versa) but without being able to tell its current state we don’t know when to toggle.

I currently have an ugly hack in place to detect its state so we can decide to issue the toggle command to put it into the state we want but i’m looking for something better.

There are multiple thread here about hacking programs to get the state of features in game finding memory locations to rwad to add controls or force feedback, etc.

Would it be possible to write a small command line program to find the memory location that stores the autosnap state in alphacam and return a value when the program exits? I have the ability to run such a prpgram from our alphacam macros and import the value it returns. This would be a good solution it it could work.

How would I go about this? Any assistance appreciated.