Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: x360ce Stop Constantly Having To Reconfigure Device  (Read 295 times)

Yardley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 09, 2024, 12:20:22 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
x360ce Stop Constantly Having To Reconfigure Device
« on: May 08, 2024, 11:04:11 am »
I am using x360ce with a Logitech G29 to emulate an Xinput controller. Under the "Controller 1" tab, I click on the plus "Add" button and select my wheel from the list with the green square to the left which means it is active. I then map everything to my liking and click "Save All". All is well and works as intended, however, this config is lost after reboots and/or unplugging and plugging my G29 back into my PC. It never remains stable and I have to go in and do this process all over again.

Each time I click on the "Add" button, I see different instances of the G29 each with a different Instance ID, they always have a grey square next to them except one of them which is the one I have to select and reconfigure each time. Back in the "Controller 1" tab, I can also see different instances of the G29 and they all have a different "Setting ID" and "Instance ID" but only the latest one I added will have a green square next to it and obviously will be the only that works.

What I'm I missing here? How do I keep from having to constantly reconfigure my G29?

nugarp

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 14, 2024, 11:02:54 pm
Wheel2XInput | HDRecoil | LeaderLamps | NetLauncher | Discord | Youtube

Yardley

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 09, 2024, 12:20:22 am
Re: x360ce Stop Constantly Having To Reconfigure Device
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2024, 11:54:03 pm »
Use better software :) https://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,166939.0.html

G29 config - https://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,166939.msg1767038.html#msg1767038

Haha, yeah I've posted on your thread before. I have to finally give w2x a try. Does w2x have issues with GUID's changing after reboots or from plugging/unplugging a wheel or if I use a different G29 wheel (I have 2). In other words, If I configure my G29 will I have to constantly update the GUID in the config files when Windows inevitably changes it?

I've been testing UCR and it works great and doesn't have this issue, I configured my wheel once and I've never had to do it again. Problem is it doesn't seem to support rumble/FFB. For example, I was testing the game New Star GP and with x360ce, I get FFB but with UCR I don't. 

nugarp

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 14, 2024, 11:02:54 pm
Re: x360ce Stop Constantly Having To Reconfigure Device
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2024, 06:21:10 pm »
Set it once in the config and forget it. It is already set in the g29 files.
Wheel2XInput | HDRecoil | LeaderLamps | NetLauncher | Discord | Youtube