Software Support > GroovyMAME

GroovyMiSTer

<< < (12/14) > >>

psakhis:
Some last changes vs first release, so

On test build folder from github you find last version, at the moment vs first release:
- More speed and stability fixes for 480p with lz4
- Double framebuffer for interlaced resolutions (framebuffer/field)
- Audio streaming
- Retroarch working hardware rendered cores with opengl

gamepimp:

--- Quote from: psakhis on January 23, 2024, 04:03:54 pm ---Some last changes vs first release, so

On test build folder from github you find last version, at the moment vs first release:
- More speed and stability fixes for 480p with lz4
- Double framebuffer for interlaced resolutions (framebuffer/field)
- Audio streaming
- Retroarch working hardware rendered cores with opengl

--- End quote ---

This project just keeps getting better. So cool!  :applaud:

Mahrio:
I was happy to see GroovyMAME featured in the news last month, Calamity! My cabinet was built in 2013, and since then, I have been using GroovyMAME and HyperSpin on Windows 7, along with a Sony Wega KV21FA240.
I updated from XP to Windows 7 in 2019 and never looked back. But now, with GroovyMister entering the scene (and in my house too!), I'm eager to try using the Mister's GPU portion.

I have two questions:

1) My GroovyMAME is an older version (0.170, I think) with CRT-Emudriver 2019 Beta 15 video drivers. How should I proceed with the update? Do I need to reinstall the drivers? Can I keep my modelines for my TV? I know the landscape of drivers and GroovyMAME has changed significantly, which is why I am asking.

2)With my CRT attached to the cabinet (it's a Sony Wega that I've been using since 2013), when I finish the update and start using the new GroovyMAME with GroovyMister, will I be able to simultaneously output to three screens? (Sony WEGA in the Cabinet, BVM on the Analog output of MisterFPGA, and OLED on the HDMI output from MisterFPGA)

I'm looking forward to testing it!

Calamity:

--- Quote from: Mahrio on February 06, 2024, 10:26:57 pm ---1) My GroovyMAME is an older version (0.170, I think) with CRT-Emudriver 2019 Beta 15 video drivers. How should I proceed with the update? Do I need to reinstall the drivers? Can I keep my modelines for my TV? I know the landscape of drivers and GroovyMAME has changed significantly, which is why I am asking.

--- End quote ---

For GroovyMister, you don't need CRT Emudriver. You could keep your installation unchanged, and have a second folder with up-to-date GM just for the mister.

--- Quote ---2)With my CRT attached to the cabinet (it's a Sony Wega that I've been using since 2013), when I finish the update and start using the new GroovyMAME with GroovyMister, will I be able to simultaneously output to three screens? (Sony WEGA in the Cabinet, BVM on the Analog output of MisterFPGA, and OLED on the HDMI output from MisterFPGA)

--- End quote ---

Sure.

pakoman:
It's good to see the number of options are increasing, thanks for adding support for this one.

A bit related off-topic...Are there any other devices like this that would work on any computer (i.e. a generic USB graphics card, etc)?

Or is MisTer the only alternative to specific graphics card + drivers to achieve native resolutions?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version