Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Lichtknarre: Unmodified Wii remote as a sight accurate Lightgun using 2/4 LEDs  (Read 37603 times)

karoloydi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2024, 02:24:14 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Just received my Overshot (buckshot) gun! Got it for only £5, cause the nunchuch part does not work.
I think I can still fix it. The nunchuck attachment broke off and fell inside.
The trigger and reload still work well.
I just mapped the start button to the trigger and set the games to freeplay for now.
Playing house of the dead was very good :)

ZTylerDurden717

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 07, 2024, 12:52:28 pm
I had assumed non button-pressed off-screen reload would only work with dolphin emulator. Turns out i can do it perfectly well with latest pcsx2.  Does anyone have off-screen reload working for them in other emulators? Which ones and how did you do it?
Demul and Technoparrot also suppport this

Awesome thanks for the info.

I'd be interested in Demul.  So all you had to do was calibrate in the test menu for whichever game and it allowed off-screen reloading? Vjoy mode using demulshooter?

karoloydi

• Offline Offline

Awesome thanks for the info.

I'd be interested in Demul.  So all you had to do was calibrate in the test menu for whichever game and it allowed off-screen reloading? Vjoy mode using demulshooter?

Yes, vjoy mode and demulshooter. I don't remember about the test menu. You might not need to do that.

ZTylerDurden717

• Offline Offline

Yes, vjoy mode and demulshooter. I don't remember about the test menu. You might not need to do that.

Confirmed this works with HotD2 demul!  But not possible with Confidential Mission.  Still pretty cool.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2023, 06:39:53 pm by ZTylerDurden717 »

karoloydi

• Offline Offline
I tried to use Lichtnarre with Guitar Hero Arcade, with my guitar hero wii guitar, but the buttons are not recognised.
Does anyone know why?
I thought they worked as a nunchuck.

Fusselkroete

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 16, 2024, 12:56:20 pm
  • sup dudes?
No this is an extra peripheral. what are the benefits to use this in LK? Sounds like out of scope?

ZTylerDurden717

• Offline Offline

Would you mind testing Time Crisis 2 on PCSX2 and see if you can reproduce the issue with this emulator?  I can calibrate perfectly but after that calibration screen I can't hit the edges of the screen (like there's an invisible wall) and the aiming is off like this:
« Last Edit: November 22, 2023, 09:28:08 am by ZTylerDurden717 »

karoloydi

• Offline Offline
No this is an extra peripheral. what are the benefits to use this in LK? Sounds like out of scope?

I found another software, but every time I would use that separate software I would have to turn off lichtnarre and disable vjoy.
It's too many steps to just play one game.

karoloydi

• Offline Offline

Would you mind testing Time Crisis 2 on PCSX2 and see if you can reproduce the issue with this emulator?  I can calibrate perfectly but after that calibration screen I can't hit the edges of the screen (like there's an invisible wall) and the aiming is off like this:

Mine is slightly off on top. It goes about 95%. Left right and down is fine.

Fusselkroete

• Offline Offline
  • sup dudes?

I found another software, but every time I would use that separate software I would have to turn off lichtnarre and disable vjoy.
It's too many steps to just play one game.

ok maybe in future i find the time to add support for this.

ZTylerDurden717

• Offline Offline

I made a better video.  You don't have this issue on the sides AFTER calibration screen?

EDIT: Non-issue.  Widescreen patch was on and caused the alignment issue.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2023, 09:50:44 am by ZTylerDurden717 »

karoloydi

• Offline Offline

I made a better video.  You don't have this issue on the sides AFTER calibration screen?

EDIT: Non-issue.  Widescreen patch was on and caused the alignment issue.

No, it works fine for me.

ZTylerDurden717

• Offline Offline

No, it works fine for me.

Works now for me too.

I believe it's a known issue with pcsx2, but if you figure out accurate 2 player split-screen time crisis 2 let us know.

karoloydi

• Offline Offline
Sometiems I have to turn off and on Lichtnarre a couple of times until it picks up my controllers.
Or sometimes it picks up the first controller and have to turn off and on to pick up the second.
Does anyone else have this?

ZTylerDurden717

• Offline Offline
Sometiems I have to turn off and on Lichtnarre a couple of times until it picks up my controllers.
Or sometimes it picks up the first controller and have to turn off and on to pick up the second.

Only if Dolphin emu is open while synchronizing LK to wiimotes, I may randomly have something similar.  I usually solve this by not having Dolphin open during the process.

karoloydi

• Offline Offline
Can you play Dolphin with lichtnarre?
I haven't tried it yet.
It should be more accurate with 4 LEDs.

Fusselkroete

• Offline Offline
  • sup dudes?

connection problems mostly appears on low battery.

karoloydi

• Offline Offline
Has anyone managed to get sega clay challenge to work?
I keep getting wrong rom size error.

Edit: I downloaded the latest 0.261 version of mame and it works.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2023, 12:51:31 pm by karoloydi »

karoloydi

• Offline Offline
I noticed that Sinden light Gun has a 16:9 to 4:3 switch.
That would be very useful to implement for Lichtnarre, and I don't think it would be too hard.
Maybe do a long press shortcut as well? Like we have at the moment for switching between mouse and vjoy?
That would be pretty cool I think.

Fusselkroete

• Offline Offline
  • sup dudes?
That would be very useful to implement for Lichtnarre, and I don't think it would be too hard.
Maybe do a long press shortcut as well? Like we have at the moment for switching between mouse and vjoy?

That will not happen. Sinden has no IR offsets/game offsets. It works a little differently here (https://geekonarium.de/en/what-is-ir-offset-and-why-do-i-need-it/). But! There will be profiles for games so that this is then automatically reconfigured when you switch to another gaming/working-process(emulators or something). Also manual switching is possible. Alot of todos already in the queue for LK. Currently you can also just copy and paste the whole installation folder from LK and then configure it for a new game.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2023, 09:20:27 pm by Fusselkroete »

karoloydi

• Offline Offline

That will not happen. Sinden has no IR offsets/game offsets. It works a little differently here (https://geekonarium.de/en/what-is-ir-offset-and-why-do-i-need-it/). But! There will be profiles for games so that this is then automatically reconfigured when you switch to another gaming/working-process(emulators or something). Also manual switching is possible. Alot of todos already in the queue for LK. Currently you can also just copy and paste the whole installation folder from LK and then configure it for a new game.

That sounds good to me!

karoloydi

• Offline Offline
Woohoo!

I managed to get ps3 move lighgun games to work.
I have played Time Crisis Razing Storm and Time Crisis 4 so far. They play great.
I'm downloading some more to try.
It's 1 player only, cause it works with mouse plugin.
If anyone is interested in a tutorial, please let me know.

karoloydi

• Offline Offline

Another useful feature would be to be able to map the mouse buttons to whichever wiimote button you want. Most of the times the reload button is button A and it's hard to reach. it would be better ot be able to map it to button Z. Also to have a middle mouse button, that would be useful. Some games use the middle button for grenade.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2024, 06:05:36 am by karoloydi »

Fusselkroete

• Offline Offline
  • sup dudes?

Another useful feature would be to be able to map the mouse buttons to whichever wiimote button you want. Most of the times the reload button is button A and it's hard to reach. it would be better ot be able to map it to button Z. Also to have a middle mouse button, that would be useful. Some games use the middle button for grenade.

Yes, this is already planned :)

It will be called somehow like this: Tracker to Connector Plugin Assignment System
Tracker Plugins can publish all kind of types. Axis, Buttons, Gyros, 3D positions etc.
This can be assigned to Connector plugin inputs. this hopefully should look like blender shader editor in future. Also Modifiers would be cool to assign inbetween :D.

Coding is pain and slow. so im not 100% sure if this feature will come like this. We will see. :-) But this would be the optimal solution.

Atm i try to publish this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Hr5rhfJXKckCDkUgpZxucUXRTshW1757/view?usp=drive_link
« Last Edit: January 02, 2024, 01:42:37 am by Fusselkroete »

karoloydi

• Offline Offline
Wow,

I can't wait to try it. :D

smallgamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 11:19:32 pm
Been trying out this software recently and its truly something incredible! Unfortunately I've run into an issue. I was able to pair my wiimote to my computer via BT, and am able to have it recognized in Lichtknarre. I have successfully used the Wii controller in the past through software like Wiitar thing or on Dolphin using the sensor bar so I know there is not an issue in detecting the bluetooth pairing. Once paired to Lichtnarre, I am able to do the calibration and then use the wiimote as a mouse on my desktop. However, as soon as I actually launch a game, regardless of the emulator I am launching it with, the Wiimote is no longer detected by Lichtknarre but is still connected to my PC via bluetooth. I have seen others mention that sometimes having Dolphin open can cause a fight between the programs on who detects it but I have turned off any pairing of a real wiimote to Dolphin and Dolphin has never been opened throughout my testing of Lichtknarre. Any reason why this might be happening?

RandyT

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 09:17:53 am
  • Friends don't let friends hack keyboards.
    • GroovyGameGear.com
Once paired to Lichtnarre, I am able to do the calibration and then use the wiimote as a mouse on my desktop.

This probably isn't all that helpful, but once you have reached that point, anything which happens after that is not specifically related to Lichtknarre.   Something on the system is interrupting the relationship between the controller and the LK software, be it a third party utility which might be waiting in the background to launch with whatever app you are starting, or the app itself.  Basically, anything which hooks controllers to read them directly, even if it is not specifically geared toward BT devices, could interfere with LK's communications.

You stated that you have used other similar drivers/apps on the system prior, so my question is how much of the code from those is continuing to linger on the system, possibly even after an uninstall?  By their nature, some of these kinds of drivers use code which digs deep into the lower rings of the operating system, like at the kernal level, and might be difficult or even impossible to remove without a special piece of software specifically designed for that task, which would need to be provided by the developer.

Or, it might just be a silly configuration error for whichever application might be causing the issue :)  It's hard to know, but if fiddling with app configs yields no success, it's likely going to be something much more difficult to figure out, given the other software you had running previously on the system. 

smallgamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 11:19:32 pm
Very interesting! I  thought it was strange that it worked perfectly fine until actually launching a game using an emulator regardless of which one it was. I wonder if it could be something like a frontend software such as Launchbox causing the issue. I will have to do some testing because it seems like the trigger is simply launching a game even through standalone emulators. Has anyone had experience using Lichtknarre and Launchbox?