Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Mame arcade machine issues (MameWah)  (Read 128 times)

ukmameman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 03, 2024, 03:42:16 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Mame arcade machine issues (MameWah)
« on: May 02, 2024, 04:25:40 am »
Morning everyone,

Hopefully somebody can help?

I have a mame cabinet running MameWah. I haven't used it for a while and when I turned it on it was complaining that the MB board time was not set and wouldn't boot into windows (running XP).

I tracked it down to the CMOS battery being dead, so I replaced that and set the time in the BIOS.

Historically it would always boot into my frontend (MameWah) and then off I go. Since the battery change it boots into MameWah for about 3 seconds and then black screen with nothing happening.

If I CTRL+ESC and run windows explorer I just get a blank desktop.

I'm not really sure what else to do. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading

Zebidee

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:51:56 am
Re: Mame arcade machine issues (MameWah)
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2024, 04:30:59 am »
Check your mamewah.log file.

Make certain the hard drive letters haven't changed. Three seconds sounds like enough time for screensaver or slideshow to kick in, maybe it is looking in the wrong locations for vids/snaps. When you quit, it could be looking at the wrong location to start explorer.exe

Is it logging onto the right user?

Check other settings in BIOS to see if it all seems appropriate (as it was wiped to default when the old battery died).

Hopefully the log file will shed some light.
Check out my completed projects!