Arcade Collecting > Merit/JVL Touchscreen

Intel Motherboard in my ION Evo Help Please.

<< < (2/8) > >>

Megatouchmike:
Did you plug in the 4 pin CPU power? If you had the purple board, usually the monitor is plugged in with this connector. You either need to do some splicing or soldering to get the cpu powered

STL_Tom:
Right.  That is tonight’s task to add that 2x2 connector.

I hope I did not damage the m/b.

Megatouchmike:
Should be good still

STL_Tom:
All connected on the CPU plug, now.

The Intel Boot logo screen is not coming up.  At least the vga is outputting!

I am attempting a bios Recovery using a usb stick and the LF0140P.BIO file.  The best i get is a single non-flashing "_" in the upper left corner of the screen.

Ugh.

I saw POST complete about three times out of three hundred attempts.  There is nothing repeatable about it.  The video is dropping in and out and is wavering, too.

My thought is to try a full-size power supply next.  It looks like a wonky motherboard, maybe?

Megatouchmike:
Yeah this is a frustrating problem with these boards. First try a CMOS reset. Then Try disconnecting everything from the mobo except power supply and video and try again. Use only 1 memory stick and try different sticks. Board is extremely picky about ram

Sometimes the only way to recover is flashing the bios with an external programmer. Even still that doesn't always fix it.

If you have the original 150-200w power supply it's worth replacing also. Assuming you did bench test this mobo outside of the megatouch before installing right?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version