Arcade Collecting > Merit/JVL Touchscreen

Intel Motherboard in my ION Evo Help Please.

(1/8) > >>

STL_Tom:
In my ION EVO am installing an Intel MB to replace the failing Purple ECS.  I have just begun and am working on mounting the board in to the chassis.

My question is about cables.  The old ECS used the COM port to interface with the I/O Board.  Will it work this way with the new Intel motherboard?  I have an SA10068-03 I/O board.

Do I need to buy an newer I/O board?  What is this "Requires USB cable (EC0232-01)?"

Advice is much appreciated.

lilshawn:
the intel d945 has a serial port, if that's what you are asking. just plugs right in, same same.

--- Quote ---Requires USB cable (EC0232-01)
--- End quote ---

no idea, where did you read that from?

STL_Tom:
Thanks for the reply!

I got that bit of info from a Merit manual.

I see where my I/O board has both the COM connection and another 10-Pin USB Header Connection coming off it.

I have attached the photo of my board.

Megatouchmike:
The serial port connection to the ioboard is for the modem. Top circle white cable. Get rid of it.

Your ioboard plugs directly into the USB headers of the motherboard. i see the connector in the top right corner of your picture. Bottom red circle

STL_Tom:
Thank You.

I am getting no Analog Signal to the touchscreen.  I tried a separate monitor - no signal, either.  I tried pulling the battery and resetting the CMOS and waiting.  Nothing.

It is such a simple motherboard.  I wonder what is going on?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version