Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Wake PC from sleep with IPAC  (Read 1315 times)

laphlaw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 08, 2024, 12:28:36 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Wake PC from sleep with IPAC
« on: February 13, 2022, 09:57:15 pm »
So rather than powering off my PC completely, I put it to sleep. I built a bartop cabinet, and unfortunately didn't plan enough for the power button :)
The problem is I can't wake the PC using the IPAC2. It wakes up no problem if I press a key on the keyboard, but I don't want to do that.
Has anyone gotten this to work?

Phreakwars

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 05:59:08 am
  • Waka-Waka
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,146325.0.html
    • My Facebook Page
Re: Wake PC from sleep with IPAC
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2022, 01:48:56 pm »
Just use the shift function and program the sleep/awake button into one of the buttons. Love that shift function. An overlooked function of the iPac that really comes in handy.

laphlaw

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2022, 01:01:02 am »
Phreakwars, not sure I follow. AFAIK, the shift function is just to overload a button to a different key--but that doesn't help in my use case. When I put the computer to sleep, all inputs to the  IPAC don't work. To wake the computer, I have a usb keyboard, and I can press any key to awaken the PC. But IPAC button presses are ignored (even though the LED light is on the IPAC when its asleep!)

Am I missing something?

laphlaw

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2022, 01:07:27 am »
Sorry, I'm a dummy. I just realized there's a *function* called wake. I got it working. Thanks!