Main > Everything Else

8 bit Christmas.

<< < (7/10) > >>

Ond:
I got to the 37 minute mark and couldn't watch any further.  Bleh.

Howard_Casto:
The timeline inconsistencies were quite intentional.   That's why they have that little discussion about the year in the beginning and the daughter says "does it really matter?" basically to the audience.   It's just a good story, much like a Christmas story the facts are exaggerated and bent to make for a better narrative.   I'm ok with that because it did end up with a better narrative than if the cabbage patch doll and power glove arcs weren't included, ect.   

RandyT:

--- Quote from: Howard_Casto on December 04, 2021, 05:43:05 pm ---The timeline inconsistencies were quite intentional.   That's why they have that little discussion about the year in the beginning and the daughter says "does it really matter?" basically to the audience.   It's just a good story, much like a Christmas story the facts are exaggerated and bent to make for a better narrative.   I'm ok with that because it did end up with a better narrative than if the cabbage patch doll and power glove arcs weren't included, ect.

--- End quote ---

I agree.  If the inconsistencies irritated you, the joke went whoosh! :)  Besides, memories aren't prefect, and virtually the entire movie is based on them.  Inconsistencies, embellishments and exaggerations abound in the ol' gray matter playback device.  Watching those play out was part of the charm.

fallacy:
Only thing I am mad about is why the Baseball cards and not Garbage Pail Kids

BadMouth:

--- Quote from: fallacy on December 06, 2021, 04:43:58 pm ---Only thing I am mad about is why the Baseball cards and not Garbage Pail Kids

--- End quote ---

I thought the particular baseball card was one of the more memorable parts of the movie.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version