Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: World Series Baseball 99 - Arcade Build HELP!!  (Read 11474 times)

Nitro0602

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 02:29:55 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: World Series Baseball 99 - Arcade Build HELP!!
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2023, 12:06:58 pm »
Okay.. so I know it’s been like a 100yrs 😂 had some things going on in life and had to take a step back. All is good now and have to get this sorted out! Once again thanks to everyone with all the pointers!

The current Sega Naomi emulator requires an analog input to swing the bat.. so I tested out an encoder that came with the analog thumbstick and works well picture attached). At this point is there anyone who can make 2 of these mechanisms with spring loaded feature that works with analog?

I currently have the game working on an older emulator and using a pinball plunger (set to “up” on the encoder) pull back and release to swing.. however I can only move the aim digitally (very robotic not smooth like analog) the game does auto aim the cursor for you.. but it is best if you can manually move for more precision on solid hits.

Newest emulator moves the joystick as analog.. but also requires analog inputs to swing the bat.. ( like the current encoder I purchased.. most frustrating thing ever!!!)

Also attached is from the actual control panel to get a better idea.. looks like it has 2 rotaries and spring.. but I’m not sure as this is out of my league lol

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 02:01:29 am
  • Designated spam hunter
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2023, 02:40:18 pm »
Haven't forgotten you, I've just been really busy this year IRL.   :embarassed:

The current Sega Naomi emulator requires an analog input to swing the bat.. so I tested out an encoder that came with the analog thumbstick and works well picture attached). At this point is there anyone who can make 2 of these mechanisms with spring loaded feature that works with analog?
Glad to hear that the encoder you bought works well for player one.
- If another one works for player 2, you've got the encoder part of your project covered.   ;D

Things left to do for your bat controllers:
- Cut shaft to length and drill setscrew holes.
- Adjust the height and angle variables in the potentiometer bracket code.
- Get long-life pots.
- Print/fabricate final parts, take photos, and assemble them.

Things left to do for anyone else who wants to make one:
- Write and test Arduino encoder code.
- Document the build including a bill of materials, photographs, and .zip file with the printable files and OpenSCAD source code.

Scott

Nitro0602

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 02:29:55 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2023, 10:32:59 pm »
All good man! I got tied up as well and left it alone 😂
The analog is just a quick fix but it can’t extend back enough to give it the actual feel. I’ll do more testing and confirm all the details later this week.. need a refresher 😂