Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Need help solving this very weird purity issue  (Read 2489 times)

tongshadow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 22, 2021, 11:08:31 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Need help solving this very weird purity issue
« on: August 21, 2021, 04:37:29 pm »
I'm having serious purity issues on this set and I wanna know if any of you, which seem to be very experienced in the matter, have encountered something similar. Compared to most common purity issues it's somewhat subtle but noticeable in person. What happens is that the area around the center of the display is having purity issues, as it can be seen in this picture:

Instead of a solid magenta color, Im setting blueish tones around. Same for a white screen but it's greenish/yellowish. Here's a list of things I've tried:

Moving the yoke forward/backwards
    Replacing the yoke with an identical one
    Adjusting the purity rings only makes overall purity worse
    Degaussing wand
    Can confirm the degaussing circuit is working
    Removing the purity magnets dont affect the screen at all

Im pretty experienced when it comes to yoke adjustments but this is the first time I'm seeing something like this, it's like something around the tube is magnetized. The set is rather old (20+ years) and very used, but otherwise the picture is nice despite the purity issue.​​​​