Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Williams Pinball Cabinet - Black Knight - need plans or CAD  (Read 1900 times)

TopJimmyCooks

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 01:18:39 pm
Williams Pinball Cabinet - Black Knight - need plans or CAD
« on: November 13, 2020, 09:37:31 am »
I need to build a lower cab for a Black Knight.  Still have the backbox, the neck and the front coin door panel for reference, but the rest of lower was long ago lost to termites with a previous owner.  Any leads on CAD or accurate plans for 80's Williams standard body would be appreciated.  Thanks.

mahuti

• Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2022, 09:51:19 pm
  • I dare anything! I am Skeletor!
Re: Williams Pinball Cabinet - Black Knight - need plans or CAD
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2020, 03:32:48 pm »
Wow. Termites.

I can't help you but that's crazy. I guess stuff like that happens a lot more than I'd guess.

A long time ago I used to get all kinds of good info from this guy: http://www.marvin3m.com/ but he took his plans and went home at some point. You might try emailing him however.  :dunno

A long time ago when he had pinball info on his site, I bought a set of EM schematics for a Gottlieb soccer machine. If he doesn't have what you need who knows, maybe he can recommend someone. An email for someone there is on the Hours and Locations page.
Raspberry Pi, AttractMode, and Skeletor enthusiast.

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 06:44:38 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2020, 08:00:59 pm »
I’d check pinside.  Periodically someone thinks he’s going to strike it rich making these things after hours on his company’s CNC machine.  I’m sure the plans are out there. 

TopJimmyCooks

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2023, 12:44:59 pm »
Never turned up any plans so I drew them.  Dimensions were taken from a Solar Fire lower cab; I still have the BK upper cab.  I made a lower from these dimensions and I'm working on the restoration.  Standard disclaimer, YMMV, etc.  Not all chocks, leg reinforcements and holes are shown.  Playfield supports need to be looked at carefully because I didn't have the BK lower and was going somewhat from photos. 

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 07:01:05 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2023, 12:51:56 pm »
i had to repair a pacman cab that someone bought on a whim. apparently it was stored outside in arizona. it got termites. luckily all the chipboard they made the sides and stuff out of had enough glue in it, that the termites weren't interested in it... but all the corner wood splints and supports stapled in where all but gone leaving just a thin crispy shell of wood left... so it was a rickety cabinet that if it was pushed the wrong way, would sway and could fall apart at any second like an ikea cabinet on moving day.

glued and stapled in new wood and she was as good as new.

you best believe we made sure everything was dead in that cabinet before it came inside. i would never want to deal with termites. luckily i live north enough that happening across termites is basically zero since it's so cold, but i ain't taking THAT chance.

bollwerk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 20, 2023, 08:27:52 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2023, 01:37:04 pm »
For anyone else curious - This site is considered the "bible" for virtual pinball builds and I think may use the same specs in large part - http://mjrnet.org/pinscape/BuildGuideV2/BuildGuide.php?sid=cabBody

TopJimmyCooks

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2024, 12:07:45 pm »
Thanks Bollwerk.  Those plans are for a WPC/WPC 95 cabs, later models which are the basic default for virtual pins. 

Black knight and solar fire are 80's era Williams games.  They have a recessed "neck" between the lower cab and the backbox.