Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Control panel removal / marquee change?  (Read 1858 times)

Funkoid

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 31, 2023, 06:14:54 pm
  • Dreaming of more space...
Control panel removal / marquee change?
« on: August 22, 2020, 08:18:42 pm »
I've recently obtained my first jamma cabinet, have been working on getting the monitor tweaked etc and have not turned myself to the attention of the marquee lights and control panel.

Problem is I'm having trouble with both! There are carriage bolts holding the control panel down (minus two screws that were replaced by a previous owner). I can't seem to be able to get underneath to get the other bolts removed and the marquee is in so tight I can't get rid of that.

Seems to be few cabs of this type around so getting information on them is slow.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/YeWPRCPVV3qDayzZ8

Has anyone seen anything like this before, any ideas how I get in?

jennifer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 11, 2023, 06:24:58 am
Re: Control panel removal / marquee change?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2020, 08:33:45 pm »
Normally there would be latches underneath on the ends of the panel, accessed through the coin door, but thinking that may not be the case with that...I would sneak a web cam on a stick up under there and see what actually holds it on.

Funkoid

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 31, 2023, 06:14:54 pm
  • Dreaming of more space...
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2020, 05:13:09 am »
So I'd read about them and thought I'd checked. Stepped through a video I'd already made and low and behold, there are the latches.

Will try and get them free later! Is there a knack to getting them back into place? It's seriously cramped down there?

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2024, 11:59:54 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2020, 11:48:39 pm »
They typically do the work for you in terms of aligning stuff so you shouldn't have any trouble re-attaching them.  It's almost always cramped to get to them unfortunately.  Cabs weren't made for comfort of the operator.