Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Dual min-pac issues.  (Read 1262 times)

KingKongJon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 06, 2022, 03:33:01 pm
  • Building custom arcade pedestal
Dual min-pac issues.
« on: August 03, 2020, 02:47:58 pm »
So I am dusting off old project pedestal arcade that I started few years ago (bachelor days). Wife told me I had to either finish it or sell it. So here I am trying to get it finished, lol. So I am running 2 Ipac-minis but I can only get 1 of them to work. I am working on a 4 player 7 button setup(not including coin and start buttons) with trackball and spinner. Both of them register on the computer but only 1 of them actually register when I test buttons. Ive tried doing 1 at a time and I still cant get the second one to do anything. Any thoughts? 

processedmeat

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 19, 2024, 11:42:41 am
  • Ikeakade Here I come!
Re: Dual min-pac issues.
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2020, 12:00:16 pm »
I hear you about the wife thing!

I don't have an Ipac-Mini but does the second ipac mini work on another computer?

Also looking at the website there is a line that says "Click here to download all Multi-Mode firmware versions, including ID#2 for the second board in dual-board UIO setups."

https://www.ultimarc.com/control-interfaces/mini-pac-en/mini-pac/  --> IPAC Downloads page

Maybe you have to set the second ipac mini to ID#2?

mahuti

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2022, 09:51:19 pm
  • I dare anything! I am Skeletor!
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2020, 01:42:56 pm »
Ive tried doing 1 at a time and I still cant get the second one to do anything. Any thoughts? 

Assuming you use Windows:

Turn off the computer. Plug one in and test. Unplug

Restart computer

Plug other one in and test.

If one of them doesn't work, then it's likely just dead.... or the USB cable you used to plug it in is dead.

Just FYI, I don't love this site: https://gamepad-tester.com/  but It's come in handy to test if things are seen by the computer, and to test if they work or not.

Raspberry Pi, AttractMode, and Skeletor enthusiast.

KingKongJon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2020, 03:28:35 pm »

Maybe you have to set the second ipac mini to ID#2?

I'll have to see how to change the second minipac to id#2. Good call though.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

KingKongJon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2020, 03:30:48 pm »
Ive tried doing 1 at a time and I still cant get the second one to do anything. Any thoughts? 

Assuming you use Windows:

Turn off the computer. Plug one in and test. Unplug

Restart computer

Plug other one in and test.

If one of them doesn't work, then it's likely just dead.... or the USB cable you used to plug it in is dead.

Just FYI, I don't love this site: https://gamepad-tester.com/  but It's come in handy to test if things are seen by the computer, and to test if they work or not.
Yes running windows 7. I've tried one at a time and still only one of them responds. I'll have to change out usb cables and see if that could be the problem, its possible, but green led is on both and they both register on my device list.

mahuti

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2020, 03:39:20 pm »
From the Ultimarc site:

The board can be rest back into keyboard Mode 0 by pressing and holding the P1SW1 button on power up. This will work irrespective of the current board mode or input configuration. Note it must be a hard power-up or plug-in of the USB cable.

You might want to try this on the second board. If it's recognized, but not working, maybe it is in some weird mode. Use the above to reset it.

KingKongJon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2020, 12:57:11 pm »
I'm going to call it and say the board is dead. It doesn't matter what I do it wont respond to buttons. the light turns green on the board and registers on my device list. I've tried updating firmware. Wiggled some wires, all nothing. I got one board that works perfectly fine and didnt have to do anything to it. unplug that one and restart computer and try the other board and no buttons work.

mahuti

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2020, 02:17:53 pm »
I saw this on the Ultimarc site the other day (while looking for something else)

Windows 7 and later cache information about all USB devices which is not refreshed when the device is unplugged/reconnected. This can cause issues with devices appearing not to work. This process is always required when firmware is changed from versions which support game controller device, to versions without game controller support or vice-versa.

To reset the device settings, open Device Manager. A quick way to do this is to click the Windows button and in the "search programs" enter:

devmgmt.msc

-Expand the "USB Controllers" entry
-Find the "Composite Device". There may be more than one. There is no harm in applying this to all of them with the exception that a keyboard with integrated trackball might be one of them and this will prevent any further use of the trackball if uninstalled.
-Right click on the Composite Device and "Uninstall" it.
-At the the top select "Action", "Scan for New Hardware". Alternatively, if you have "lost" your USB mouse, just unplug/reconnect it.

https://www.ultimarc.com/control-interfaces/i-pacs/i-pac-ultimate-i-o
I found that tip on the above page, under the installation tab > Troubleshooting > Performing a USB Device Reset

Dunno if that'll help, but one more thing to try before chucking it.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 02:22:02 pm by mahuti »

KingKongJon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2020, 12:41:49 am »
Yeah I have tried all that I can think of at this point. I'm thinking of upgrading the the ipac4 and then just using my working minipac for spinner, trackball and extra buttons.