Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Garbled picture on ATOM modded video card  (Read 1160 times)

R-Typer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2024, 04:06:30 pm
  • C64 Rulez!!!!
Garbled picture on ATOM modded video card
« on: February 29, 2020, 12:44:16 pm »
I decided to dual boot two windows 7 from separate hdd partitions. One win 7 is setup with CrtEmu driver and works perfectly with groovymame and retroarch. Other win 7 is to be used with regular PC games and connected to SVGA PC crt monitor. Now here comes the problem: on a clean fresh windows 7 installation I have installed latest AMD's official drivers for my radeon 7850 and screen/display/desktop got corrupted. Please see the picture attached. It is time to mention that my radeon 7850 is modded with ATOM 1.1 patched bios to show 15.6khz signal in motherboard BIOS and in early windows startups.

I tried AMD's official 16.2 crimson, tried relive, tried adrenalin drivers, tried latest drivers and none work. But I found out that during radeon driver installation, the screen reverts to normal picture and stays normal until PC is restarted. Then when windows boots up again, screen/display/desktop is again garbled. Then I reinstall the the drivers and it's good until the next reboot.

Does anyone know what can be done do to solve this issue?

Please let me know. Thanks.

core2duo e8500@ 4.27GHz
radeon 7850 1gb
windows 7 x64

I connect my PC crt SVGA monitor and Sony crt TV one at a time to a single VGA output on my Radeon 7850.

« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 01:07:18 pm by R-Typer »

Calamity

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2024, 02:02:31 pm
  • Quote me with care
Re: Garbled picture on ATOM modded video card
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2020, 03:38:13 pm »
The emudriver has a specific patch to correctly initialize the gpu after a boot with an interlace mode. Official drivers don't do the required cleanup.

Dual boot just for running pc games sounds a bit odd since you can probably use the Adrenaline based Emudriver for that.

A workaround anyway is to force a driver reset upon logon. You can use the scheduler for that, search this subforum, there are some old posts explaining the process.

I would never use dual boot for that anyway.

Important note: posts reporting GM issues without a log will be IGNORED.
Steps to create a log:
 - From command line, run: groovymame.exe -v romname >romname.txt
 - Attach resulting romname.txt file to your post, instead of pasting it.

CRT Emudriver, VMMaker & Arcade OSD downloads, documentation and discussion:  Eiusdemmodi