Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: FB Marketplace find - Gloat  (Read 781 times)

bperkins01

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 24, 2023, 02:13:35 pm
  • Plenty of skills.. gaining experience..
FB Marketplace find - Gloat
« on: March 22, 2020, 09:02:04 am »
All,

Had a pretty good day yesterday in all of the chaos of the world. 
Found a guy selling 3 monitors on marketplace (about an 8 hour round trip ride for me...)
I asked him for pics of the model#'s etc,  but he was never really sending good info.. 
The descriptions were:  One from a Millipede machine, one from an Asteroids Deluxe and one other one that just had a pic.

Based on that - I offered a reasonable amount based on can't see the tubes to judge any burn in, no pictures of them running, etc..
What I got was a pretty good return on investment.

This one is a 19K7203 - Manufactured in May 2003, has never been used, the power connector was never even added to the chassis..

I powered it up on the bench with the TPG and its already in its permanent home:

MikeA and Arroyo had to deal with me yesterday jumping up and down and losing my mind via text all day in disbelief..  (thanks for dealing with me guys..)

The second one was from the Millipede:
I got it plugged into the TPG before I left the shop for the night..
Its the much maligned Atari 202  (Matsushita 19" monitor)

It works - needs some adjustment, cleaning, maybe a cap kit..  only has very slight Millipede burn in...

Last one is the Asteroids Deluxe monitor..  Tougher to test..
But the CRT has an issue inside - 1" mark on the phosphor.

So not sure how that is going to work out... 

Guy was happy I was fixing machines - so he tossed in a bin full of parts for free - diodes, transistors, etc..  I have to go through it. 

All for reasonable $$

My Arcade Cabinet Build and other projects here:
Centipede, Joust, Joust Cocktail, Asteroids, Galaga, Ms. Pacman Cabaret, Defender, Space Invaders Cocktail
https://bperkins.wordpress.com/