Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Scud Race Tech Demo for Dreamcast Working on PC!  (Read 4589 times)

MrThunderwing

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2024, 05:31:43 pm
  • As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
Scud Race Tech Demo for Dreamcast Working on PC!
« on: November 08, 2021, 06:14:24 pm »
Someone managed to get the prototype Dreamcast Scud Race tech demo working on PC and has shared the files needed to get it working. It's not an actual game as such, just a demonstration of what the early Dreamcast hardware would be capable of, by I still think it's pretty bloody awesome to actually see it working firsthand.

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:18:08 am
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Scud Race Tech Demo for Dreamcast Working on PC!
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2021, 06:20:52 pm »
Yeah I saw that the other day. Very cool!

baritonomarchetto

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 07:58:32 am
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2021, 10:43:13 am »
I miss SEGA so much...  :hissy:

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2021, 07:06:09 pm »
I miss old school Sega. I don't miss the Sega that made stupid decisions like not releasing Scud Race or Daytona USA 2 on the Dreamcast though. I mean, FFS, that console was practically MADE for ports of arcade titles like that. Just imagine a version of those 2 games with all the graphical gloss of the DC version of Daytona 2001.

Sixfortyfive

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 29, 2021, 12:19:06 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2021, 07:59:04 pm »
Daytona 2001 is such a baffling game, both then and now. It at least fixed the biggest shortcomings of the previous console attempts (no multiplayer in Saturn original, poor handling & gameplay of CCE) and 4P online was pretty decent for the time, but it's crazy that the marquee Model 3 racers never made it home. Even just getting their race tracks transplanted into Daytona 2001 would've made way more sense to me; the original courses in that game kind of blew.

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 06:44:38 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2021, 12:04:38 am »
Where every port of Daytona sucked was not having the arcade audio.

DAAAAYTONA or GTFO

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2021, 09:58:35 am »
Even just getting their race tracks transplanted into Daytona 2001 would've made way more sense to me; the original courses in that game kind of blew.

Right? I really don't understand why no one at Sega thought to do that, especially as Toshihiro Nagoshi was heavily involved in the development of both. I like the 3 extra 2001 tracks, but they are definitely a bit 'meh' compared to Daytona USA 2's. I mean, one of the brand new tracks in 2001, Circuit Pixie, was an oval track. Would it really have been that difficult to tweak the visuals a bit and turn Circuit Pixie into the Astro City Waterfall bio-dome course from Battle on the Edge? Or the NASCAR track from Power Edition? Or, crazy thought, both? Also, the online got removed from the European release. No idea why. Think Sega just hates us...
« Last Edit: November 10, 2021, 03:50:25 pm by MrThunderwing »