Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Golden tee stop working  (Read 17957 times)

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:01:05 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: Golden tee stop working
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2020, 10:09:23 pm »
https://amusement.itsgames.com/downloads/manuals/Video%20Card%20Compatibility.pdf

you MUST get the exact make/model card specified. they have specifically plotzed the drivers for these cards into the software. similar cards have a low chance of working. (about as close as i've come is a higher ram sized version that was otherwise the same... 2gig vs 1gb spec'd). also take note of the versions... if you have say, 2014, you can't use the 750ti or 1050 cards cause there are no drivers for these cards in 2014. best you can get for 2014 for sure is the 640 or possibly 740 depending on the version.

gtcam

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 10, 2020, 01:05:35 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2020, 10:15:36 pm »
Okay! Well I have gt 2009 unplugged. And I’m having a hard time finding a replacement DG965SS mobo (especially during this crisis). Is there anyway I can just get a different mobo? Or even switch from the 775 socket to 1050 socket (or whatever it is?)

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:01:05 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2020, 01:16:38 am »
unfortunately, the search is down, so you'll have to really dig.... but i did find this thread where we talked about some different boards... some of the later boards D915GUX might be the next best board to try and source.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,150799.40.html

gtcam

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 10, 2020, 01:05:35 pm
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2020, 06:08:28 pm »
Ok so on my last mobo, I did a reflow in the oven and it worked long enough for me to play a little. I turned it off when I was done. When I came back it was doing the same problems as before. This sucked but at least I found out that everything else worked.

Now today the new mobo came in (I was able to finally find one) and I configured the BIOS to make sure everything was good. But when I actually tried to start the game up, I got this message

"LILO 22.3.2 Loading ITLinux
BIOS data check successful
Uncompressing Linux... Ok, booting the kernel."

And it stayed like that for over 10 minutes till I turned it off. Any idea what to do? should I make this a new thread?

Kelan

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 18, 2020, 04:27:00 pm
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2020, 04:18:38 pm »
Hello, I have a machine and have had it giving me fits. I am constantly getting the Error 12 and Error 13 for my Golden Tee. I have replaced the battery, replaced the mother board, but still getting the same 2ea Errors. Recently I purchased a PWS, but have not swapped it out, since the machine still powers up. It just gets to a certain point, then errors out. It will even load and then error from time to time. Unfortunately, it errors out more than I can play it... :(

Please....send help!!! LOL! Thanks in advance!

Big Al from FL

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 26, 2021, 02:05:48 pm
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2021, 02:00:41 pm »
Bump TTP, this was a great thread that helped me get my GT motherboard back running. 

I think one of the best threads around relating to current GT motherboards.

Thanks again lilshawn for all your tech advice!!!

GREAT to have my mobo working again!

Big Al from FL.