Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: need help with Raiden 2  (Read 1806 times)

shess

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 07, 2021, 04:17:28 pm
need help with Raiden 2
« on: July 08, 2019, 02:05:25 pm »
I picked up some defective Raiden 2 boards and I'm kind of spinning in circles with them. One seems pretty dead so I've put it to the side. The other boots up to just some garbage on the screen. It doesn't look anything like the game, just random pixelation and it doesn't appear that the garbage moves around like the game is trying to play. I tried reflowing all the big custom QFPs and nothing changed. I pulled the socketed ROMs and compared them to the MAME rom set, but only a sound ROM was any different, everything else was the same. If I trigger the coin switch I do get the coin sound, but nothing changes on the screen. If I enable the dip switch for flip screen, the garbage does appear to flip sides. If I enable test mode, the garbage changes to a lot of multicolored garbage, but nothing recognizable. The only other thing I noticed is that on one of the QFPs near the edge connector, near ROMS BG-1 and BG-2, if I run my finger over some of the pins, the garbage will change colors or shape. I tried flexing the board and I tried pressing on the spot with something nonconductive, but that doesn't do anything. Maybe my finger is slightly conductive and it's bridging some of those pins together. Either way, nothing seems to give me a flicker of hope. Any ideas on where I should focus my attention?