Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: LEDBlinky Help  (Read 1173 times)

rave0035

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 01, 2021, 11:02:21 pm
  • Disassemble First, Ask Questions Later...
LEDBlinky Help
« on: June 14, 2019, 10:28:28 pm »
Vital Stats: Hyperspin, LEDBlinky 6.5 (full), iPAC UIO
Issue: No LED action in HS or any games

Had this set up in 2018.  It stopped working at some point before a move a few months ago and I haven't picked it back up until now.  Forgotten a lot of the mojo from my setup days but here's what I can tell you:

- HS appears to be pointed to the right .EXE location for LEDBlinky.  I confirmed this in the .INI file itself
- LEDBlinky has the right Settings.ini location for HS.

I tried running debugger in LEDB but the log won't even acknowledge when I open HS or launch a game.  Thoughts on where to start?  Thanks in advance  :cheers:
Mike
You can't truly know how something works until you've ruined it by taking it apart.

MydknyteStyrm

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 20, 2024, 12:19:41 pm
  • Makeup FX Gamer
Re: LEDBlinky Help
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 10:33:02 pm »
Contact arzoo in the main LEDBlinky thread at forum.arcadecontrols.com. That’s your best bet.

My guess, it could be a number of things. If you can confirm LEDBlinky is even working when you test LEDs through the Blinky Control Panel, then you know it’s not a hardware issue. Your map should match your leds, check your Hyperspin log to see if it’s even sending commands to Blinky, and make sure all the paths are correct. Even check that your led boards are plugged in and seen by the PC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rave0035

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 10:38:51 pm »
Yes - thanks for mentioning.  Went through a few tests and the hardware is working as expected.  I'll check out the other thread, but if folks have ideas here chime in.

Thanks!
Mike
You can't truly know how something works until you've ruined it by taking it apart.

arzoo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 11:15:11 am
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2019, 09:47:15 am »
Try enabling the LEDBlinky Debug Log option (Misc Options tab), run HS and a game or two, then open the debug.log file (with any text editor). Toward the end of the log do you see any messages indicating that LEDBlinky is receiving commands from HS? If so, please email me the log and I'll take a look. If there's no log at all, then it would seem HS is not triggering LEDBlinky and I would suggest posting something on the HS support forum.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

rave0035

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2019, 09:34:55 am »
SOLVED!  And it was a simple thing.

LEDBlinky was opening with machine startup, and for some reason HS did not like an instance running when it opened.  Exiting the program before starting HS solved all my issues.  Thanks for the help.

PS - LEDBlinky really is the best. 

Mike