Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Brook Universal Fighting Boards and groovymame , a little help needed  (Read 2479 times)

s8n187

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 23, 2021, 10:43:52 am
hi AC members ,  i have 2 Brook Universal Fighting Boards and i'm currently running Windows 10.  When i turn on my MAME PC the Boards aren't recognized in Windows 10 and when i launch groovymame my controls reset back to default.  The Fighting Boards recognize if i unplug the USB cable and plug back in but i keep forgetting to do this before launching groovymame.  Is there some way to stop groovymame resetting my controls ? or better get the Brook Fighting Boards to recognize in Windows 10 without unplugging and plugging back in.

keilmillerjr

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 06, 2023, 10:20:39 pm
  • Web Developer.
Im having a hard time following. Is the board a gamepad or keyboard encoder? It doesn’t sound like an issue related to groovymame or mame.

s8n187

• Offline Offline
hi keil ,  checkout this link of the Board

http://www.brookaccessory.com/detail/06960737/

also it is connected to my Vewlix Clone by Arcadeworx

s8n187

• Offline Offline
did some google research and a couple of people mentioned config the joystick and buttons then exit out of mame.  After that go to 'cfg' folder and set the 'default.cfg' file to read only ,  this should work as a workaround

buttersoft

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2024, 08:06:32 am
  • Is running at 15kHz
When i turn on my MAME PC the Boards aren't recognized in Windows 10

Umm, you mean windows can't see it, or GM can't see it? When you go into controlpanel>devices&printers do you see anything in there? You used to have to hold down one of the buttons on the brook when plugging it into a Windows PC to have it appear as an xBox360 controller, which was the only way to guarantee recognition by Windows.

s8n187

• Offline Offline
hi buttersoft ,  Windows............when i have the Brooks plugged in via USB and power on the PC they come up in devices as unknown.  But if i unplug then plug back in no problemo recognized ,  thing is i forget to do this before launching groovymame and all my controls disappear.  Like i mentioned before your post i have set 'default.cfg' file to read only ,  this will probably prevent groovymame disappearing controls...... i'll know next power down and boot.

keilmillerjr

• Offline Offline
  • Web Developer.
Checked the link. Perhaps the auto selection feature of the brook board isnt working. Try manual selection? Will it stay in manual mode after cycling power?

s8n187

• Offline Offline
i can say i've tried manual selection (XBOX360) and after my MAME PC is turned off then on at a later time the problem occurs again (not recognized in Windows).  A simple unplug re-plug works though

keilmillerjr

• Offline Offline
  • Web Developer.
i can say i've tried manual selection (XBOX360) and after my MAME PC is turned off then on at a later time the problem occurs again (not recognized in Windows).  A simple unplug re-plug works though

Your experiencing exactly what is stated on the doc page. I would make a request for a firmware update with the developer, or get something else. Thats kind of ---That which is odiferous and causeth plants to grow---, but expect compromises with any sprt of do-all solutions.

lNotice:

1.In order to prevent unexpected errors, we recommend you switch to Xbox 360 mode

manually before plugging in to PC which runs on OS earlier than Win 10.

2.In the case states above, you will need to unplug our device after playing and go

step 1 again after rebooting.

s8n187

• Offline Offline
roger that keil ,  i think that i will leave the devs for now as i have found the 'default.cfg' trick which was half the battle.  All i would need to do is exit GM then unplug re-plug the USB cable and my controls should be intact in GM.  Thank you for going through the link for info on my situation and to everyone else for helping as well..........much appreciated  :applaud: