Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Science Museum of MN Visit - Games Exhibit  (Read 1405 times)

J_K_M_A_N

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:07:44 pm
Science Museum of MN Visit - Games Exhibit
« on: April 21, 2019, 09:07:08 am »
I went to the Science Museum of MN to check out the Game Changers Exhibit. It was pretty cool. $20 per person to get in so the wife and I went. I don't know if it was worth it if you just want to see that exhibit but we spent a few hours checking out the whole place. They had about 15-20 arcade machines on free play there. They had a lot more games but I was pretty much there for the arcade section. The games were in very good shape I thought. The Donkey Kong had a different joystick but the buttons were original. The Atari games all had the red LED cone player start buttons. I did not get picture of everything but here are a few (with a cheap phone camera).

I enjoyed myself. The wife played a couple but not much. I played 1 game of Donkey Kong and got 80,000. No where near my high of 309,000 but I felt really bent over. I have pretty much only played my bar tops. I didn't realize how low the original machines were. I am MUCH bigger than I was back then. I also played a couple games of Tempest. Very cool using the original spinner. I love that game.

If you are close, it is probably worth $30 (1 person with parking in the ramp) to check it out. The games were in much better shape than the Up/Down bar I thought.

J_K_M_A_N