Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Coleco Pac-man Cabinet reproduction attempt  (Read 2769 times)

Shredder1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 17, 2022, 12:42:09 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Coleco Pac-man Cabinet reproduction attempt
« on: April 10, 2019, 02:02:27 pm »
So,  I found STL files for a modification of a coleco mini arcade cabinet.  it was close to what I wanted, but If I wanted to transplant my existing pac-man  parts into a new, spider egg free cabinet, I'd have to modify the one I found to fit all the parts.

So, that's what I'm attempting to do.

I am using SoftImage 2014 and the files I found online as a basis to start.  I also took apart my pac-man cabinet (still working, but spider infested from basement storage, after bought second hand on ebay in 1999) and salvaged all the parts. the goal is to see if I can duplicate the cabinet in 3D, and print it with my makergear printer.    I even have metal filament so I can try a metal cabinet if I wanted.

this is the start.   the model found online, cleaned up a little on the left.  my first attempt on the right.

If It comes out good, maybe I will post it to thingverse, and let other people try and enhance it further.

These are the scans of my pac-man cabinet.  please note the hatched spider egg I just noitced.. ugh. 

javeryh

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 08, 2024, 07:54:28 pm
Re: Coleco Pac-man Cabinet reproduction attempt
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 03:41:04 pm »
Very cool!  I love these little arcade cabinets.  I wish 3D printing didn't look like it needed to be sanded though.

meyer980

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 04, 2024, 09:33:46 pm
  • Building fun things for fun
    • sergiostuff.com/2020/04/15/felix-son-arcade-game/
    • Sergio Stuff
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2019, 07:12:12 pm »
Hi Shredder, it looks like you're using the piscore files.

Just a heads up that the folks at Tested.com released versions online that don't have the text in the marquee and has a blank control panel already too. Might save you some time. Did you download the original pack from youmagine? If so, they should be in there.

There's also a facebook group full of people that help eachother out almost exclusively about piscore builds, but other 3d printed arcade stuff too: https://www.facebook.com/groups/3dprintedarcade/

Good luck!

Shredder1

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2019, 10:51:04 am »
I'll check it out :)

working on try 2 today.  mine on right. and yeah, those where the files i used :)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/157423206@N08/46677460115/in/dateposted-public/

Shredder1

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2019, 11:33:38 am »
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 11:35:41 am by Shredder1 »