Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Mario Kart GP DX unlocks or saving?  (Read 4048 times)

buttersoft

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2024, 08:06:32 am
  • Is running at 15kHz
Mario Kart GP DX unlocks or saving?
« on: March 18, 2021, 05:39:07 am »
Was going to bump an old topic but the forum told me not to, so...

Does anyone know how to get all unlocks in Mario Kart GP DX under teknoparrot? I'd prefer not to use profiles and create a Teknoparrot account as one of the machine i want to use if offline-only so it won't connect to the server.

I'd like to use the 100% save file from the French forum, but does anyone know how?  I've tried putting it in a few different places and it doesn't do anything. Or is there a way to unlock everything in the test menu, etc?

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
Re: Mario Kart GP DX unlocks or saving?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2021, 05:13:06 am »
There's a workaround on the French forum. My post and the response to it is on page 887.

jayc001

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 19, 2023, 06:14:55 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2021, 05:50:49 am »
Yeah the MKDX simulation server works well. I wasn't sure if it'd work on twin cabinets due to both using the same profile but it does. Also it runs in the background so just set to startup with windows.

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2021, 06:54:49 pm »
I edited the MKDX server exe file on each cab to use custom profile names so i didn't have to type them in. Using a hex editor like HxD you can search for strings of hex values. Pseudo!! is 50 73 65 75 64 6f 21 21, but it turns out to be broken up by zeroes, so you're looking for 50 00 73 00 65 00 75 00 64 00 6f 00 21 00 21 (if i've typed that right). Using any Text to Hex converter online you can change that to what you want, keeping the zeroes for spacing.

May i ask how you're launching and closing games on your setup, in particular MKDX? I can't get autohotkey to close the game, i have to manually hit esc on the wireless keyboard i have connected. It's the only game i've ever hat trouble scripting for complete operation through my attractmode frontend.

Using an AHK script and batfiles, i can open the server and open the game. I then have joy-to-key set up to deliver a hotkey that should make the script close the game and return to the frontend. This works for every other game, with a couple of tweaks depending, but with MKDX i have to manually hit esc, and when at the desktop i can still see the scrip running in the background, which then works normally with the hotkey, and opens the frontend again.

Does Teknoparrot have the ability to rebind the exit key now, and i missed it?