Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Retro-paradise or retro-jumping the shark?  (Read 8008 times)

Mr. Peabody

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 05, 2019, 02:30:42 pm
Re: Retro-paradise or retro-jumping the shark?
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2018, 09:43:42 pm »
Pretty neat to see a full, full-size cabinent ready to buy. I likely would have bought one when starting out, and except for needing a spinner and trackball perhaps left it at that. On that note, I forget to look my last time at Walmart, and I didn't run into any displays.....

I don't know whether this is the peak. I haven't seen anyone with t-shirts on, so perhaps not. Earlier I was reveling in the novelty of childhood - when all you had was the radio and TV, they were on when you wanted, off when you wanted, easy to turn on and off, and the only thing you waited for was the TV tube to warm up - arguably a hot issue on Saturday morning when running to the TV, turning the dial to the station and watching it blind till the picture materialized.

Re: MAME development: I've thought significant monthly updates is impressive. A lot going on, though as always, far less to be done on old arcade games, if there are folks to do it, than other things. What would one want different?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 09:55:28 pm by Mr. Peabody »