Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: JPAC Resolution issues  (Read 2943 times)

MrMatt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 26, 2023, 09:00:57 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
JPAC Resolution issues
« on: August 31, 2021, 11:09:31 am »
I'm using a JPAC with GM in 2 cabs.  One I set up over a year ago, and a new cab I've just finished.

I've noticed that the same issue is present in both installations which is making me think that I've done something wrong in both setups of my JPAC or CRT_emu.

Both cabs are Hatarex CRT monitors so I've kept the default 15kHz and 31kHz jumpers in the JPAC.

When both cabs boot, the PC BIOS POST screen just shows a scrambled screen like it is the wrong frequency.  I read that if the 31kHz jumper is present then it should display the screen doubled side by side because it's halved the 31kHz output, but I have never seen this in either cab.

When Windows gets to the login screen the video output syncs and the games appear to be running using superres etc, however if I remove the 31kHz jumper from either JPAC then when it boots into Windows and/or GM then the display is always scrambled like it's the wrong frequency still.

Have I done something wrong with my installation because when I try to use only 15kHz output with just that jumper inserted then my video output doesn't appear to be 15kHz.  It only works if I have both the 15kHz and 31kHz jumpers inserted, is this normal?

Whenever I'm in Windows or the MAME menu then the Windows resolution has always been glitchy and flickering, so maybe this is also a symptom that something is wrong with my video output?

My 2nd issue is I just bought a new cable to replace the stock VGA cable that comes with the JPAC but it doesn't appear to work.  Should this cable be OK?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0799B4Q95

Thank you.

MrMatt

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 26, 2023, 09:00:57 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: JPAC Resolution issues
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2021, 12:28:55 pm »
Anyone??

DaddyLongLegs

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 11, 2021, 02:23:36 pm
Re: JPAC Resolution issues
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2021, 10:56:48 am »
What video card are you using? If you don't have one, you should really consider one of the ATI cards that are supported by Atom15 and CRTemudriver.

No matter what I did with my JPAC, I always had a scrambled screen in the BIOS. Flashing Atom15 fixed it.

You can find it here: https://geedorah.com/eiusdemmodi/forum/viewtopic.php?id=64