Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: GroovyMame not launching (Solved)  (Read 1783 times)

newmanfamilyvlogs

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 15, 2022, 05:20:38 pm
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,103584.msg1096585.html#msg1096585
    • Newman Family Vlogs
GroovyMame not launching (Solved)
« on: October 10, 2018, 10:38:29 am »
I've been away from GroovyMame since some of the early initial release versions. I'm setting up a machine with a Wells Gardner K7401, which I've set up on Win7 with the latest CRT drivers, and set the modes to Generic 15kHz.

I'm running the latest release of GM, with a GM created mame.ini, but when I attempt to launch a game from the command line, I'm only getting the SwitchRes line displayed and then it returns to the command prompt.

I'm sure I'm missing something simple here, but I'm not sure where to start troubleshooting this.
Thanks!

Edit: I have the Direct9.0c runtimes installed. It launches properly with the video mode set to opengl, but as noted in the other 'won't launch' thread, there's a throttling problem.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 03:22:21 pm by newmanfamilyvlogs »

Calamity

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2024, 02:02:31 pm
  • Quote me with care
Re: GroovyMame not launching
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 03:08:46 pm »
Are you using my full package? GM will fail to start if you mismatch the binary with the folders (hlsl, etc.) from other versions. There are lots of similar errors lately which I think have to do with this.

Important note: posts reporting GM issues without a log will be IGNORED.
Steps to create a log:
 - From command line, run: groovymame.exe -v romname >romname.txt
 - Attach resulting romname.txt file to your post, instead of pasting it.

CRT Emudriver, VMMaker & Arcade OSD downloads, documentation and discussion:  Eiusdemmodi

newmanfamilyvlogs

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 15, 2022, 05:20:38 pm
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,103584.msg1096585.html#msg1096585
    • Newman Family Vlogs
Re: GroovyMame not launching
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2018, 03:21:42 pm »
I was. I started over entirely fresh with only the files from the latest release, still didn't work. However, I then noticed that dxdiag crashed when I tried to run it, so used DDU to wipe all the video drivers on the machine and re-installed the CRT Emu Driver, and re-installed all the video modes again. This seems to have corrected whatever the issue was, as it's working now!