Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Keyboard2Xinput (Virtual X360 pads from keyboard)  (Read 94170 times)

Yardley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 08:56:51 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Keyboard2Xinput (Virtual X360 pads from keyboard)
« Reply #160 on: September 20, 2023, 07:21:19 pm »
Just wanted to point out that with the recent changes to ViGEm, Keyboard2Xinput is no longer working after running their updater. I am getting an error that says "no ViGEm bus found".

EDIT: I reran the ViGEm installer and now everything is fine.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2023, 07:35:08 pm by Yardley »

Nataq

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 21, 2023, 09:09:45 am
  • Arcade of the dead... now alive!
    • Arcade of the dead... now alive!
« Reply #161 on: October 18, 2023, 03:32:11 pm »
This app seems like what I need but call me crazy, after I unzip this there is no Keyboard2XinputGui.exe file inside and windows defender doesnt say he did anything. What am I missing ?

Edit: Sorry had the wrong zip!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2023, 03:51:08 pm by Nataq »

Student123

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 08:48:59 am
« Reply #162 on: March 15, 2024, 06:48:33 pm »
Hey guys,

Running into an issue for a very long time I am trying to fix once and for all.

I use Keyboard2Xinput. I was trying to run it in a custom AHK script, one for every game that I am trying to convert Keyboard input into Xbox Controller input.

I use this :

Code: [Select]
; Code in this file will only be run for the game whose name matches the filename of this file and whose system name matches the folder name this file is located in
; Do not change the line with the class declaration! The class name must always be GameUserFunction and extend GameFunction
; This is just a sample file, you only need to implement the methods you will use the others can be deleted

class GameUserFunction extends GameFunction {

; Use this function to define any code you want to run on initialization
InitUserFeatures() {
RLLog.Info(A_ThisFunc . " - Starting")
run, D:\Arcade\Tools\Keyboard2Xinput\Keyboard2XinputGui.exe
Sleep, 1000
RLLog.Info(A_ThisFunc . " - Ending")

}

; Use this function to define any code you may need to stop or clean up in every module on exit
StopUserFeatures() {
Process, Close, Keyboard2XinputGui.exe
ExitApp

}

}

Ended up with the same issue, loaded multiple games one after the other no issues, tested with the game with this AHK and nothing after loaded. The game without the ahk loads fine, so we definitely have our culprit, just not sure how to resolve the issue.

Anyone knows the best way to load Keyboard2Xinput in Rocketlauncher without causing issues? Does not seem custom scripts works with it, unless I am missing something.

Any help is appreciated!
Everything works for me, I configured the program through the PC Launcher prelaunch script module. I also brought scripts to my streamdeck, everything works too.
I checked the work through UserFunctions , no problems, everything works.Here is the script.

; This function gets ran right before the primaryExe
    PreLaunch() {
        run C:\keyxbox\Keyboard2Xinput-1.2.2\Keyboard2XinputGui.exe
    }
; This function gets ran after the module thread ends and before RL exits
    PostExit() {
        Run,taskkill /im "Keyboard2XinputGui.exe" /F

Most often, such problems appear when something is running on behalf of the administrator. I'd be looking this way.

Thank you, sorry for super slow response. This definitely does help, will have to look into a few other settings then as when I use this configurartion Hyperspin will load a pc game once and then no other gamers will load after I quit.

I did try without Keyboard2xinput and it works just fine, so somehow it believes something is still running and its waiting for it to close before it starts something else.

Will do some more  digging, thank you!!

Schwing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 03:28:26 am
« Reply #163 on: April 05, 2024, 01:22:08 pm »
Hi, long time no see :)
just wanted to let you all know that I just released version 1.2.3, which fixes a long standing bug with thumb pads not going to 100%. Most games don't care, but a user reported that Dark Souls PTDE did care.
The fix was really easy (I suppose I didn't find the documentation at the time, though I kind of remember searching for it), it just took me forever to setup my build environment for this project again  ;)

Version 1.2.3

Schwing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 03:28:26 am
« Reply #164 on: April 05, 2024, 01:25:42 pm »
Hi all, long time keyboard2xinput user here. I have the need to do something I haven’t tried before which is to map two keyboard keys so that both output the same Xinput button. In other words, if I press keyboard key X it will output button A and if I press keyboard key Y it will also output button A. Does anyone know of this is possible?

Sorry for the very long delay, but this is in fact supported, you just have to add other lines to the config :
Code: [Select]
LControlKey = A
G = A
This will make both the left control and the G key trigger the A button.

Student123

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 08:48:59 am
« Reply #165 on: Yesterday at 08:36:11 am »
Dropping some knowledge on how to play TMNT Wrath of the mutants on 4 arcade controllers with an Ipac with Rocketlauncher \ Hyperspin

Step 1: Configure game to use keyboard2xinoput in your AHK

Step 2: Add the game to steam and configure it to overide with steam inputs, edit the controls to have the dpad control the sticks

Step 3: Add the following ini info for the game to load:
Application=steam://rungameid/11106784937863282688
Application=H:\PC Games\Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Wrath Of The Mutants\TMNT.exe
AppWaitExe=TMNT.exe
ExitMethod=Send Alt+F4

(you can create a shortcut in steam and it will tell your unique id, most likely different as it's a custom game)

This will work with 4 players, only way I could get my controllers to be recognized, without Steam keyboard2xinput would do nothing...

I was able to get street fighter 5 and 6 working with this methode as well

Hope this helps someone

If a anyone is able to bypass steam let me know, seems some game need the steam inputs to work, otherwise keyboard2xinput doesn not work with the game on its own.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 08:49:29 am by Student123 »

Yardley

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 08:56:51 am
« Reply #166 on: Yesterday at 08:56:51 am »

If a anyone is able to bypass steam let me know, seems some game need the steam inputs to work, otherwise keyboard2xinput doesn not work with the game on its own.

Use a non-Steam version of the game since you already purchased it anyway (hint hint). Have you noticed any issues with the player 1 movement while using your joystick? Seems to get stuck for me specifically moving diagonally.