Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: JUZI - The mini UZI light gun build  (Read 44802 times)

nbkpwr6

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 24, 2019, 11:41:38 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: JUZI - The mini UZI light gun build
« Reply #80 on: October 16, 2019, 02:55:45 pm »
Hi pal! I don't know if a 555 would be any different except o my setup with audrino you can change the fire mode from single - burst (tre real single shots to Aimtrak) or full auto.

My solenoid does not get ot at all running on a laptop supply 19v, think it is made for a 24v power supply originally.

It is an original Namco solenoid which I harvest from a broken time crisis gun.

Doing a new build now with a plastic rifle (log to come) and I have a smaller solenoid spec 24v, but same size as ultimarc. De sent get hot either though I have to test it in game but have no Aimtrak as of yet.

Also have a shaker motor in this build which is a neat effect indeed. Just wanted the solenoid as it also have a small sliding recoil part.

I took a break from trying to get my solenoid recoil guns working in mame to finish my LA Machine Guns mame recoil gun. It's a lot easier as it uses a gear motor for recoil so you only need a relay:

The full auto recoil is awesome on games like T2 and Alien 3 as the mechanism moves the whole gun back and forth when it recoils making it feel a little more "real".

Now it's back to the frustrating solenoid recoil project. I bought the arduino thing that I thought you said you had used but now that it's here, I'm not sure I bought the right thing. It has a USB cable but my PC doesn't seem to recognize it's existence so I can't see how you upload any code to it... does it need extra software?

I also purchased a PAC Drive to have a go at using Mame hooker but that software is the hardest and least intuitive thing to use since the MS Dos days. So far, I have only been able to use it to turn on a Christmas light (but not turn it off)....

It's so annoying. Why can't they just have software with a drop down menu so you can click "output 1, solenoid, activate by joy 2 button 1 (the trigger)" etc.

I also just purchased a pair of arcade gunblade guns (visually almost identical to the la machine guns) off of ebay.  Could you post with pics if possible how you connected this to your computer?  Also, are you using Mame or Supermodel for your emulator?  I have heard they've made some recent updates that fixes some visual issues with Supermodel that makes it much more accurate.  Also I'm planning to make a rumble platform with the setup.  Have you done any such rumble feedback effects?  Thanks!

MysticRen

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2020, 04:55:42 am
« Reply #81 on: April 13, 2020, 12:57:20 am »
Gstav if I bought the guns do u know where I can get everything, and would u be interested in making 2 of them for sale I'll buy it off u

shiryu55

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 18, 2023, 03:46:44 am
« Reply #82 on: May 18, 2020, 09:40:05 am »
Could someone tell me how to connect with a diagram for clumsy, to use the juzi code, for arduino nano v3.

chacky1234

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 10, 2020, 05:30:23 am
« Reply #83 on: May 18, 2020, 02:09:08 pm »
Hi All,

I am hoping I can get someone to help me with the exact wiring I need to achieve this project. I have spent the last few weeks getting the right components in and learning what I need to in order to create the gun. As I don't understand fully what it is im doing with this kind of electronics, I had to try and breakdown the electronics diagram that was provided as part of this article.

Would someone kindly mind checking over what I have done and assist in any of the connection changes I will need to make in order to make this work.

Thank you in advance!

Kind regards

Simon

shiryu55

• Offline Offline
« Reply #84 on: May 20, 2020, 06:22:56 am »
chacky1234, I am in your same situation, only that I will use an arduino nano v3 as gstav in tek project

I follow all the videos of gustab, in this I answered the same to see if there is a possibility of a guide.

Please, create a guide with photos of the arduino nanano v3 and its components, with some connection scheme for clumsy, I read the juzi posts, but this one with the different chip, I would be interested in being able to do it like in your tek project that has a normal arduino with more connections, for example for the lights

chacky1234

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 10, 2020, 05:30:23 am
« Reply #85 on: May 20, 2020, 11:07:02 am »
Hi Shiryu55,

I have also reached out to the Arduino forums for assistance. If I get anything back, I will update you on here as well.

Its just understanding down to a cable level, where they need to be connected! :lol

Thanks

shiryu55

• Offline Offline
« Reply #86 on: June 01, 2020, 03:49:12 am »

I have the time crisis light gun disassembled, waiting to understand how to put the arduino and other components, someone can expose the juzi scheme with arduino nano v3