Main > Driving & Racing Cabinets

FFB Arcade Plugin

<< < (208/208)

LightningBolt:
Hey everyone I have few questions/issues about this great plugin:

1) Is it only an interface to feed our wheels information that came from the original game OR did the programmer add new information to provide force feedback where there originally was none? Let me give an example. Say in the arcade, RaceGame1 only had return to center on the wheel. You would never feel anything if you went over a bump or crashed. But now you've installed this plugin. Will it remain only return to center or will it provide rumble effects for crashes, bumps etc?

2) Did Cruis'n USA originally have force feedback (with rumble effects, bumps crashes etc) or just return the wheel to center? That would probably answer my first question.

3) I THINK I've got the plugin working on the normal mame exe. But I can't get it to work with arcade64.exe. Any help please? Thank you.

buttersoft:

--- Quote from: LightningBolt on June 09, 2024, 05:26:36 am ---Hey everyone I have few questions/issues about this great plugin:

--- End quote ---
1) The data all comes from the game, but how that data is interpreted can vary. It's mostly pretty similar, but, for instance, the feedback in Scud Race on Supermodel is different in native mode as opposed to using the FFB plugin.

2) no idea, sorry

3)The plugin is probably only designed to hook the outputs from mame.exe, not from arcade64.exe (whatever that is?)

sega ages:
hi using ffb on flycast inital d works on x input not on direct input

all other emulators seem ok

buttersoft:

--- Quote from: sega ages on June 30, 2024, 11:42:47 am ---hi using ffb on flycast inital d works on x input not on direct input

all other emulators seem ok

--- End quote ---

Which version? Dinput works for me, but i'm on an older version. I do remember that FFB used to fail under some conditions around lauching. Maybe it was dinput specific, IDK

--- Quote ---Don’t use a batfile. Weird one, but FFB fails for me that way. Launch by opening flycast and clicking the game. Or, if automating, create a shortcut with the “c:\path\to\flycast\flycast.exe C:\path\to\flycast\roms\initdv3e.zip” line as the target. You can then load the shortcut from a batfile and it works fine. Must be something to do with how the arguments are being passed?
--- End quote ---

jorgenjl2:
I may have missed it but has anyone been able to get ffb to work with Cruis’n Blast Teknoparrot? I have the settings for the game to enable ffb in Tekno ui and I have the files from MightMike’s latest zip file form the fork and I went into the ffb gui and added my g29 id and get ffb in the test tool but nothing in game. I see references to it being supported in GitHub I believe it was but in the attached txt it doesn’t have it listed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version