Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Mamehooker MAMESTART and MAMESTOP troubleshooter  (Read 2250 times)

Marcoqwerty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 02:46:08 pm
[SOLVED] Mamehooker MAMESTART and MAMESTOP troubleshooter
« on: November 02, 2017, 05:19:12 am »
Hi Howard, sorry if i wrote here, but im interest to understand how use the MAMESTART and MAMESTOP funcion, in global and for specificgame.

I used a lot MH on these days for my project of a MAME DRIVING CAB, and everythime happens the same thing.

-Emulator MAME
-I use a script for light play with MAMESTART(stop light play) and MAMESTOP(the light play again): this file is a DEFAULT.INI file inside roms ini folder of MH; i would create a sort of lights game (for frontend) (this step works flawless)

If i use a specific MAMEROM.INI and i write in the MAMESTART section, to have another light play (for example light the VIEW CHANGE button in same games), MH cant read this command and continue with the first GLOBAL MAMESTART COMMAND (light play)

basically i would like MH cicle works like this:

enter in a game (global MAMESTART (stop advertise light play, first time no light)) ------>
enter in a game (roms ini MAMESTART (begin another light play)) -------->
exit game (roms ini MAMESTOP stop light in game) --------->
global MAMESTOP (play game light like and advertise) ----->
again

« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 10:18:56 am by Marcoqwerty »

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:57:06 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
Re: Mamehooker MAMESTART and MAMESTOP troubleshooter
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 01:04:13 pm »
We have a language barrier problem but I'll try to help. 

It sounds like you are wanting something to happen in the default mamestart entry and then again in the rom mamestart entry.  It doesn't work that way.  Nested ini files override each other, with the most specific ini getting priority over the others.  This is so default.ini acts as an "if not found, do this" sort of case statement.  If you need to do multiple things in mamestart you can separate multiple commands with a comma. 

Marcoqwerty

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 04:52:34 am »
We have a language barrier problem but I'll try to help. 

Ops sorry...btw its hard to explain the situation

It sounds like you are wanting something to happen in the default mamestart entry and then again in the rom mamestart entry. 

...but you understand correctly!  :notworthy:

Yes im interested to use the default.ini to launch one script (and stop), and use the same command in the rom ini.

And if i will use the rom ini on this way? (only rom.ini i left blank the default)

MAMESTART="running STOP SCRIPT for attract mode", "running script light for this game"
MAMESTOP="running STOP SCRIPT for THIS GAME", "running START SCRIPT for attract mode"

I can use a sort of sequential command on the same istruction line?

Marcoqwerty

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2017, 10:18:30 am »
IT WORKS.

- removing default.ini

- add a ARKANOID script (ArkanoidSmartASD)

- run in the ARKANOID.INI:

Code: [Select]
[General]
MameStart=kls 1,rfs HyperspinAllOFF 1 %s%,rfs ArkanoidSmartASD 1 %s%
MameStop=lfs HyperspinLuciON 1 %s%
StateChange=
OnRotate=
OnPause=

and everytime i running this ini, kill the previous script and start the Arkanoid script.  :cheers: