Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: X-Arcade help  (Read 2701 times)

snappykevin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 23, 2019, 01:55:30 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
X-Arcade help
« on: August 23, 2019, 09:56:09 am »
I have a X-arcade that is about 9 years old. I want to add Golden Tee Fore! to the machine as it only has up to Golden Tee 2K. Can anyone help me with this? I am new to the Arcade machine world. Ant help would be appreciated.

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 01:15:16 am
  • Designated spam hunter
Re: X-Arcade help
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2019, 12:37:42 pm »
I have a X-arcade that is about 9 years old. I want to add Golden Tee Fore! to the machine as it only has up to Golden Tee 2K. Can anyone help me with this? I am new to the Arcade machine world. Ant help would be appreciated.
It will be a lot of work.

1. You'll need to update to a newer version of MAME.
- GT Fore MAMEINFO.DAT entry from v0.152 (Dec. 2013)
THIS GAME DOESN'T WORK PROPERLY
The game lacks sound.

- Not sure which version of MAME fixed that.   :dunno

2. Updating to a MAME version where GT Fore works will probably require a newer computer.
- Newer emulation is better, but requires more computing power.

3. In addition to the ROM files, there is a CHD file. (the game's hard drive)
- CHD format has changed several times, so you'll need to use the version of CHD that works with the updated version of MAME.

Best approach is to:
- Leave the current computer as-is and build a new one.

- First find a recent ROMset and a corresponding CHD set that allows you to download individual CHDs.
(can't help you with this part because of Rule 5)
-- Download the version of MAME or MAME variant (GroovyMAME, etc.) that matches the ROMset version.

- When you finish configuring the new one, swap computers and keep the old one as a backup.   ;D

Scott

snappykevin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 23, 2019, 01:55:30 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2019, 01:51:48 pm »
Any suggestions on a new PC? I cant imagine I would need a strong gaming PC like I have for VR gaming but I could be wrong.

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 01:15:16 am
  • Designated spam hunter
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2019, 02:36:12 pm »
Any suggestions on a new PC? I cant imagine I would need a strong gaming PC like I have for VR gaming but I could be wrong.
There are lots of threads on the subject with more details.

Generally speaking, an Intel CPU with 4 or more cores and the highest affordable clock speed.
- 3 GHz absolute minimum IMHO.  3.5 to 4 GHz should be fine.  YMMV.

No need for a high-end GPU, but you may want to choose one based on compatibility with Switchres and GroovyMAME, especially if you have a CRT in your cab.

Scott