Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: MAME buttons reset every time I launch Maximus Arcade  (Read 3960 times)

misterboom

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 21, 2016, 09:34:00 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
MAME buttons reset every time I launch Maximus Arcade
« on: December 20, 2016, 10:57:31 pm »
I'm running whatever the final/latest version of MA is, and am on Windows 10.

When I customize all of the buttons within the MAME app everything is fine, but as soon as I launch Maximus Arcade they reset to the defaults.

I read a couple forums saying this was a known issue with a few versions of the beta, but was fixed in like version 6. The problem is the only version I can find to download is the final one.

Is there any solution for this? Or a download of a previous beta build?

Please help! :)

bvander

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 11, 2017, 10:39:54 am
Re: MAME buttons reset every time I launch Maximus Arcade
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 11:14:19 am »
I don't have an answer for you on that.  I have a somewhat similar issue where I have added Emulators to MA and every time I reboot the computer, my preferences reset to the default settings and I have to re-config the new emulators.  It's annoying.  I have an X-Gaming unit that runs MA on it.  I reached out to the company and this is what I was told to do:
"There is a batch file that re-writes the default.ini file on boot to keep the PC from ever not starting correctly due to it getting corrupted. You could just edit it to not do that if you know how, it's the startup.bat file found in the Max 2.10 folder.

Alternatively, this update would change how that works:
Instructions: X-Arcade Cabinet Software Upgrade - New Features"

I am going to try the update first and see how that goes.
I have no idea if that default.ini file is helpful to your issue or not, but thought I'd let you know

Good luck with your issue.

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 08:05:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 11:47:21 am »
No help to you but I dropped MA last year and went to Hyperspin.
Much better and theres support still for it!

yabadaba

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 11, 2017, 09:56:03 pm
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2017, 08:44:28 pm »
Generally a lot of these kinds of  issues of emulators and/or front-ends forgetting settings can be resolved by setting the executable to run as an administrator. This seems to be especially true in windows 10. If you haven't given up already and moved on to some other front-end, this would be low hanging fruit.