Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Artwork suggestion/help for special Cabinet  (Read 2873 times)

martijnsx2

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 29, 2019, 08:38:50 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Artwork suggestion/help for special Cabinet
« on: August 03, 2019, 03:21:31 pm »
Hi there to all,

I build myself an arcade cabinet for in the living room because i have two kids of age 2 and 4 and cannot afford myself to go to attic (second floor) every day/evening and leave my wife alone with the kids below.

Because it's in the living room 24/7 i had to come up with a design that would be accepted by my wife. I combined my two hobby's (arcade and photography) and combined them in an arcade cabinet. When we do not use the arcade the control panel can be rolled back into the cabinet and a large photo collage of my kids can be attached to the cabinet in such a way that one not knowing would not suspect that it is an arcade.

I integrated a marquee and the control panel has a (black) wallpaper with system logo's and 4 different color joysticks and buttons. See the attached pictures.

The whole arcade cabinet is still largely black. I want to pimp my arcade a little more so that it looks more attractive and arcade style. I ordered chrome T-molding (that can replace the black vertical T-molding). However, i want some more artwork to make it look better.

Does anyone have some suggestions? I really do like full body artwork prints/cabinets but the sides (that are visible when the photo collage is on) need to remain black (or without artwork). If you look closer the front panels have some velcro tape so that the photo collage can be attached.

Dimensions of the cabinet are H 232, W 120, D 26.

I made the Marquee myself but i am unfortunately not skilled with creating artwork.

PS not shown my arcade on any forum or website, but how do you like the two in one design? Two years ago i was not able to hang a painting to the wall so this was a really challenging project.

Thanks!
Martijn

yamatetsu

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 01:10:11 am
  • Just because.
Re: Artwork suggestion/help for special Cabinet
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 09:25:56 am »
This one practically screams for a dynamic marquee. Add a dynamic marquee, leave the rest as is.

Your marquee art doesn't fit very well, a bunch of console game covers don't belong on an arcade machine. Using the CP art for the marquee too would look slightly better, but it's a bit understated.

If you want to do a paint job for the whole front, you might try something like racing stripes or a simple pattern. That way you can include that black overhang above the marquee. It would also give you a more consistent look.

Chrome t-molding: Will look good on the cab, will probably look not so good on the photo wall.

SNAAKE

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 11, 2024, 12:21:50 pm
  • my joystick is bigger than your joystick !
Re: Artwork suggestion/help for special Cabinet
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2019, 04:03:32 pm »
link to your shinny tv stand?