Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Coin 1, Coin 2, Start 1, Start 2, and 2 player controls on lr-fbneo. SOLVED.  (Read 565 times)

Rick

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 09, 2023, 01:16:55 pm
  • Bartop, Cocktail and Pinball Arcade Cabinets
    • Gameroom Designs Canada
Hey all,

I've been able to get most of my ROMs working on lr-mame2003 in Retropie, but some I have to force to lr-fbneo. In this case, for example, Rolling Thunder only seems to run under lr-fbneo, which restricts my control set somewhat.

Under lr-mame2003, I have mapped Y, X, LS, B, A, RS, Coin 1, Start 1, Select, and Start for my Player 1 controls. For lr-fbneo, however, it seems to restrict the configuration to a 'Retropad' so that my coin button is mapped to Select, the Start Button is forced to start the game, and my separate Coin and Start buttons can no longer be mapped at all.

Does anyone know any way to 'copy' the lr-mame2003 controls over to the lr-fbneo configuration? (I also tried installing lr-mame2010, and it also seems to force the retropad configuration.)

I'm hoping someone has a solution so that I can have very close to a single configuration for my buttons.

Thanks in advance!

Rick

Ninja Edit: I *think* that lr-fbneo and lr-mame2010 have all changed from keyboard emulation (which lr-mame2003 supports) to gamepad emulation only... I wonder if perhaps I need to upgrade my Xin-Mo 2P encoder to an encoder which supports gamepad emulation... I would think it should allow support for an 8-way joystick, 6 game buttons, the coin and player 1 buttons, as well as select and start inputs, wouldn't it? Hmm.

Second edit, with solution: Ah, Retroarch. You confusing, confusing software. So, when I enter the Retroarch menu using the Select + X button, it jumps into the "Quick Menu" which has a section called "Controls". This is where I was previously unable to configure my Coin 1, Start 1, Coin 2 and Start 2 buttons. To fix this, I clicked the B button until I was at the top-level menu, then went into "Settings", and then "Input". From here, I have access to the controls for "Port 1" and "Port 2", which allowed me to set up the configuration for my Coin 1, Start 1, Coin 2 and Start 2 buttons. Then, I returned to "Quick Menu" and set up the buttons for my Coin 1, Start 1, Coin 2 and Start 2 buttons, and then saved the entire Core file. Once I restarted, the controls worked as I had hoped.

Hopefully, someone else can find this useful.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2023, 02:51:21 pm by Rick »