Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Issue on new cab with Raiden  (Read 1147 times)

Jimbo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 23, 2024, 06:15:23 am
  • I have no idea what I'm doing.
    • Wood Finishes Direct
Issue on new cab with Raiden
« on: June 07, 2018, 10:02:32 am »
Hi

My old cab was running mame (an older version) on windows 7, with an arcadevga card.

New machine is running Groovymame (newer version) (groovyarcade on linux) with an X600 card.

The rom name I'm using is "raiden", which was the same on the old cab.

It now seems that when you lose a life, the game goes back to a checkpoint for you to re-do everything you've just done.

On the old cab, when you died, your ship immediately re-appeared and you could continue where you left off (collecting a few powerups at the start).

Has Raiden changed?  Are there multiple versions?  Surely not?  I can't find any dip switches that could change this feature, and going back to a checkpoint is very undesirable (the game is hard, if you die on a boss you're screwed!).

Any ideas?

Thanks