Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Sega Rally Conversion to PC  (Read 1243 times)

TobiasRieper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 27, 2023, 06:10:40 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Sega Rally Conversion to PC
« on: May 25, 2022, 05:12:02 pm »
Hi guys looking for some help with a few little hiccups. I have converted 4 sega rally cars to pc usong sailor sats software and the arduino mega hardware. The cars are all linked via ethernet and have their own IP. The cabs run fine apart from the timer shoots up to 99 on a multiplayer match after the first checkpoint. Framesync is on. Im not sure i configured the m2lagfix ini correctly either. I hope someone can shed some light on these issues. The timer  ruins the fun as the game will go on foever if someone decides to give up the race.

buttersoft

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2024, 08:06:32 am
  • Is running at 15kHz
Re: Sega Rally Conversion to PC
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2022, 11:26:25 pm »
Yeah the timer in Sega Raly is a known issue. I'm not sure if m2lagfix is meant to solve this specifically, i could never get it running. The only fix i've found is to get a good link. Some model2 games like the master to load slightly before the slave, some vice versa. It's the only way to get some games to link, and it helps others like Daytona and Sega Rally to work more stably.

TobiasRieper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 27, 2023, 06:10:40 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2022, 03:08:51 am »
Hi, thank you for your reply. The PCs are all very similar (dell optiplex's) but some boot into the game at slightly different timings. Maybe if i could delay the start times in the batch file so each car loads up exactly at the same time, the timer issue would not occur? The multiplayer is very much  playable apart from the timer.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 03:10:23 am by TobiasRieper »

buttersoft

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2024, 08:06:32 am
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2022, 06:57:06 am »
It's a glitchy fix for Sega Rally at best. TBH it might be mostly luck. With that game, anyway - Daytona and STTC definitely do benefit. I have an out-of-the-way button on the wheel of each cab bound to test mode. Easiest to do things that way, exiting the test menu on whichever cab first, then the second about half a second later. If the link goes real bad, you can always reset it that way without needing to restart the game itself.

But that's for two linked cabs. How the link timing might help with three, or even four cabs, and which cab to start when, i really don't know.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 07:16:03 am by buttersoft »