Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)  (Read 994440 times)

Tiberius

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 03, 2024, 02:10:01 pm
  • Spent more time fixing than playing
STEP 3:

Now this step is where I could me making a mistake, i created a hotd4.bat file with the following text/path/code/lines

@echo on
START DemulShooter.exe -target=lindbergh -rom=hotd4
START E:\TeknoParrot_1.81\Games\hotd4\disk0\elf --profile=hotd4.xml
exit

Is the text/path/code/lines above correct or there is a problem in the lines above? If so do kindly correct me

Anyway I saved the above lines into a hotd4.bat and execute it, it minimizes in my system try (small black cmd prompt style window).

STEP 4:

Open TP select HOTD 4, configure controls (Tick Xinput, configure only Start and/OR Coin Button Only).

Run the game the Touchmote profile automatically swtiches to HOTD4 profile I created, BUT once in game

Cursor does not move at all and no buttons work (no trigger or grenade etc.)

Hi

Step 3 the bat file is wrong

You need to open TeknoParrot UI not the actual Rambo game elf.

I have found that the "TeknoParrotUi.exe" doesn't always want to open from bat file with parameters so best to make a shortcut and direct your bat file to that - As shown by lllll44

The bat file should open Demulshooter and then direct load the game. You shouldn't have to bother opening TeknoParrot once it is set up BUT before doing step 3 do STEP 4

Open TP, select HOTD4, Game Settings, UNCHECK General-Xinput, CHECK General-OffScreenReloadHack. The others you can set up as you wish per resolution and hide cursor etc but make sure Xinput is unchecked. Save settings. Controller set up. Put in whatever your Coin and start buttons are for Player 1 (5&1 for me) and 2 (6&2 for me). Save settings. Close TP

Run the bat file and good luck.

Using Wiimotes, Demulshooter and Touchmote as lightguns......does actually work!!!

lllll44

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 07, 2024, 06:57:43 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
STEP 3:

Now this step is where I could me making a mistake, i created a hotd4.bat file with the following text/path/code/lines

@echo on
exit

Is the text/path/code/lines above correct or there is a problem in the lines above? If so do kindly correct me

Anyway I saved the above lines into a hotd4.bat and execute it, it minimizes in my system try (small black cmd prompt style window).

STEP 4:

Open TP select HOTD 4, configure controls (Tick Xinput, configure only Start and/OR Coin Button Only).

Run the game the Touchmote profile automatically swtiches to HOTD4 profile I created, BUT once in game

Hi

I have found that the "TeknoParrotUi.exe" doesn't always want to open from bat file with parameters so best to make a shortcut and direct your bat file to that - As shown by lllll44

The bat file should open Demulshooter and then direct load the game. You shouldn't have to bother opening TeknoParrot once it is set up BUT before doing step 3 do STEP 4

Open TP, select HOTD4, Game Settings, UNCHECK General-Xinput, CHECK General-OffScreenReloadHack. The others you can set up as you wish per resolution and hide cursor etc but make sure Xinput is unchecked. Save settings. Controller set up. Put in whatever your Coin and start buttons are for Player 1 (5&1 for me) and 2 (6&2 for me). Save settings. Close TP

thanks again for all your help man:)

Emilio5639

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 19, 2021, 05:14:01 pm
Hello Everyone,

I am having a hard time configuring my wii mote to play gun for games. So far I have one wii mote for testing.

STEP 1:

I created a profile for the games in Touch mote (e.g. HOTD 4), hooked it to BudgieLoader.exe, configured the controls as per my liking.

STEP 2:

Downloaded Demulshooter  Selected Xinput Gamepad#1 in P1 Device drop down list,configured the buttons on the main screen. Tested my wii mote on the "Act Labs Calibration" page could see my cursor

STEP 3:

@echo on
exit

STEP 4:

I have tried Mouse for Gun Games in Dolphin Bar Mode 2, it works well but the Grenade does not work with any button or d-pad (B is Trigger and A is Reload, only 2 buttons work)

The main reason I want to use Touchmote is because I want FFB (Vibration) in my wii mote when used as a gun.

Kindly guide and help me, I have exhausted all of my options, cannot seem to get it to work.

How w]here you able to adjust the button configuration with Demulshooter, I'm trying to configure it so match my MAME settings for my AIMTRAK configuration, but it doesn't let me adjust them in the program.
Regards
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 07:41:29 pm by Emilio5639 »

Tomkun

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 12, 2024, 09:42:52 pm

Is anyone having trouble running the demulshooter in its latest version along with Silent Hill? Here for me it stopped working.

Yes, Silent Hill is not working for me either, although the debug file shows it hooked the game just fine.  There is no haptic feedback when I pull the trigger or movement.

On the other hand, I have never had Silent Hill running particularly well anyway. It's a pity, because I love all the Silent Hill games.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:27:55 am
I still have a lot of writing to do to update the Wiki, but once done I'd like to release the v10 update within 2-3 days with a lot of fixes and improvments (joystick support, MameOutput compatibility.....)
Silent Hill is working very well (I'm talking about the new DemulShooter release), and I updated the resolution patcher too. It's now fully playable in 1080p from beginning to the end  ;D
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 04:02:05 am by argonlefou »

punkdark2000

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2024, 07:51:10 am
I managed to make the silent hill work, inside the demulshooter I had to put the controls and it worked.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
I managed to make the silent hill work, inside the demulshooter I had to put the controls and it worked.
Baaaaaaaad....as a long-time user you should know that this important step is explained in the Wiki  ;D

Tomkun

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 12, 2024, 09:42:52 pm
I still have a lot of writing to do to update the Wiki, but once done I'd like to release the v10 update within 2-3 days with a lot of fixes and improvments (joystick support, MameOutput compatibility.....)
Silent Hill is working very well (I'm talking about the new DemulShooter release), and I updated the resolution patcher too. It's now fully playable in 1080p from beginning to the end  ;D

Exciting! :applaud:

You're the best, Argon!

ark216

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 04, 2022, 08:40:55 pm
Hello Everyone,

I am having a hard time configuring my wii mote to play gun for games. So far I have one wii mote for testing.

STEP 1:

I created a profile for the games in Touch mote (e.g. HOTD 4), hooked it to BudgieLoader.exe, configured the controls as per my liking.

STEP 2:

Downloaded Demulshooter  Selected Xinput Gamepad#1 in P1 Device drop down list,configured the buttons on the main screen. Tested my wii mote on the "Act Labs Calibration" page could see my cursor

STEP 3:

@echo on
exit

STEP 4:

I have tried Mouse for Gun Games in Dolphin Bar Mode 2, it works well but the Grenade does not work with any button or d-pad (B is Trigger and A is Reload, only 2 buttons work)

The main reason I want to use Touchmote is because I want FFB (Vibration) in my wii mote when used as a gun.

Kindly guide and help me, I have exhausted all of my options, cannot seem to get it to work.

Regards

HI:)

1.did you you update the house of the dead 4 to version c? (this is the only version that works with demulshooter.
2.this is my bat file configue:

Start   c:\DemulShooter\DemulShooter.exe -target=lindbergh -rom=hotd4
Start   c:\tekno1.0.0.140\TeknoParrotUi.lnk --profile=hotd4.xml

the second line is based on teknoparrot shortcut and it works for me.

also try another game like rambo and see if it works for you.
Hi there,
1. Yes i updated HOTD4 to ver C.
2. I am using new lines of code for my .bat file provided by @SuperMagoAlex the lines are as follows:

@echo off
cd (cd E:\TeknoParrot_1.0.0.140\GAMES\hotd4\disk0\elf)
cd E:\TeknoParrot_1.0.0.140
START E:\TeknoParrot_1.0.0.140\TeknoParrotUi.exe --profile=hotd4.xml
exit

Just to let you know that i had unzipped/extracted the contents of the demulshooter zip folder into the elf folder of the game and the created .bat file is also in the elf folder in this case hotd4.bat
The .bat file created with lines of code above allows the game to launched directly without the need to open Tekno Parrot separately and then launch the game. I had also unchecked "Xinput". But that much to my disappointment it did not work.
I will give RAMBO a try and also other gun games and let you know.

ark216

• Offline Offline
STEP 3:

@echo on
exit

Hi there,
2. I am using new lines of code for my .bat file provided by @SuperMagoAlex the lines are as follows:

@echo off
exit

Just to let you know that i had unzipped/extracted the contents of the demulshooter zip folder into the elf folder of the game and the created .bat file is also in the elf folder in this case hotd4.bat
The .bat file created with lines of code above allows the game to launched directly without the need to open Tekno Parrot separately and then launch the game. I had also unchecked "Xinput". But that much to my disappointment it did not work.

STEP 4:

Hi

Hi there,
 I am using new lines of code for my .bat file provided by @SuperMagoAlex the lines are as follows:

@echo off
exit

ark216

• Offline Offline
Ok guys i did some testing with Rambo. The firing is working but the aiming is extremely off, my cursor is moving only in the upper top axis of my screen (mostly stuck at top left). I tried some weird button combinations on the wiimote and to my surprise the aim became correct and i played almost 2 stages with that, the RAGE button is however not working, in touch mote i have assigned button '1' of wiimote to 'X' of xbox ,in Demulshooter the middle  mouse button to 'X'. In Teknoparrot only button assigments to Start and Coin to button Num1 and Num2 on the keyboard.
I rebooted Rambo again and the cursor was again off mostly stuck to left top corner and tried some weird button combinations on my wiimote (Trigger + D-pad Down or Trigger with D-pad Up or Trigger with Button A, Sometimes Button A with Button 1) and suddenly the cursor got aligned again!
Can someone tell me what's going on here? Also just to tell you guys i am running the game at default resolution at full screen (just for testing sake no custom resolution for now).

lay72

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 01, 2023, 05:44:57 am
  • I hate waste time to fix...I wanna play!
Hi Argon, I guess you're only talking about demulshooter, because otherwise, silent hill is a game that has several problems, as far as I'm concerned,
the game freezes when you get to the hospital level, and sometimes the game itself, not just load ... in addition, the viewfinder remains in the shape of an hourglass ....
 I have tried all and various versions of the game, but nothing to do! I am desperate! :(
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 02:51:16 pm by lay72 »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Hi Argon, I guess you're only talking about demulshooter, because otherwise, silent hill is a game that has several problems, as far as I'm concerned,
the game freezes when you get to the hospital level, and sometimes the game itself, not just load ... in addition, the viewfinder remains in the shape of an hourglass ....
 I have tried all and various versions of the game, but nothing to do! I am desperate! :(
I nerver ran into one of these issue, but I read about them here and there on various places. Same thing for the famous "invisible" ennemy in the hospital, making impossible to pass the level. It may be related to the graphic card, the CPU or - worse - the OS version (and windows is quite a mess for that)
I don't know if it's relevant for these "bugs", but I'm running the game "raw" without DxWnd, gameloader or any 3rd party software to interract.

As for the spinning cursor, just like with a lot of games, you can just use a tool like nomousy to totally hide cursors.

_Gioacchino_

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 10, 2023, 11:35:36 pm
someone has runned golden guns in full screen?

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 8T utilizzando Tapatalk

punkdark2000

• Offline Offline
Baaaaaaaad....as a long-time user you should know that this important step is explained in the Wiki  ;D

You are right Argon  :-[, I had a problem with the win10 1909 update a lot of games stopped working  :banghead:, I formatted the system and started a new installation from win 1903 as there are many systems I lost some details. But now I did a step by step here I will not forget anymore. :cheers:

lay72

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 01, 2023, 05:44:57 am
  • I hate waste time to fix...I wanna play!
I nerver ran into one of these issue, but I read about them here and there on various places. Same thing for the famous "invisible" ennemy in the hospital, making impossible to pass the level. It may be related to the graphic card, the CPU or - worse - the OS version (and windows is quite a mess for that)
I don't know if it's relevant for these "bugs", but I'm running the game "raw" without DxWnd, gameloader or any 3rd party software to interract.

As for the spinning cursor, just like with a lot of games, you can just use a tool like nomousy to totally hide cursors.
Thank you for the reply...yes, at last i believe my issues are related to my 1903 OS version...

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 29, 2021, 05:26:02 pm
someone has runned golden guns in full screen?

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 8T utilizzando Tapatalk

You said you have a problem with DirectX9 you need to fix that or you won't get fullscreen. Try to install this https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

If it gives you an error you will have to uninstall Microsoft C++ 2010 both x86 and x64, then install the above link, then reinstall those. It's a pain but it might help you in other games too.

lllll44

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 07, 2024, 06:57:43 pm
Ok guys i did some testing with Rambo. The firing is working but the aiming is extremely off, my cursor is moving only in the upper top axis of my screen (mostly stuck at top left). I tried some weird button combinations on the wiimote and to my surprise the aim became correct and i played almost 2 stages with that, the RAGE button is however not working, in touch mote i have assigned button '1' of wiimote to 'X' of xbox ,in Demulshooter the middle  mouse button to 'X'. In Teknoparrot only button assigments to Start and Coin to button Num1 and Num2 on the keyboard.
I rebooted Rambo again and the cursor was again off mostly stuck to left top corner and tried some weird button combinations on my wiimote (Trigger + D-pad Down or Trigger with D-pad Up or Trigger with Button A, Sometimes Button A with Button 1) and suddenly the cursor got aligned again!
Can someone tell me what's going on here? Also just to tell you guys i am running the game at default resolution at full screen (just for testing sake no custom resolution for now).

yes, i also have those problems in rambo. but i stopped trying fixing it, i will just wait for sinden gun to ditch wiimote and touchmote.

ark216

• Offline Offline

yes, i also have those problems in rambo. but i stopped trying fixing it, i will just wait for sinden gun to ditch wiimote and touchmote.

Sinden Light Gun has no clear release date plus it would not ship everywhere and it would be expensive nonetheless.

I did some extensive testing and have started to get a hold of things. I will be only discussing wiimote +touchmote+mayflash bar in mode 4 setup (only one wiimote so far). This may also proof to be helpful for newcomers.

For Rambo the game needs to be played at the default stock resolution (no custom resolution) else the aiming will be completely off and stuck to top left of the screen mostly.
If you want to play Rambo in custom resolution then the only way is to play wiimote as mouse for gun games in Mode 2.

For Rage mode to work in the "Touchmote" software assign the 'X' button of the 360 to the d-pad UP of Wiimote. Also make sure in Demulshooter the Middle Mouse Button is sleceted as 'X'. That way Rambo can entertain RAGE mode when using the wiimote in Mode 4 of Dolphin bar. I had tried other button (like 1 and 2 on wiimote assigned to X in Touchmote) but that did not work.
The same results were acquired for Aliens : Extermination.

So far the games that are working on my end are Rambo,Transfomers ,LGI 3D, Aliens : Extermination,Sega Golden ((minus the quick time button pressing events don't know which buttons they are)
HOTD4 (Ver C updated) is not working (no cursor movement or firing), Operation Ghost not working, Luigi's Mansion Arcade also no cursor movement.
I'll keep testing and posting.

Do you have any luck in running the games mentioned above that aren't working on my end? I am only talking about dolphin bar in mode 4.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 01:11:31 pm by ark216 »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Sinden Light Gun has no clear release date plus it would not ship everywhere and it would be expensive nonetheless.

I did some extensive testing and have started to get a hold of things. I will be only discussing wiimote +touchmote+mayflash bar in mode 4 setup (only one wiimote so far). This may also proof to be helpful for newcomers.

For Rambo the game needs to be played at the default stock resolution (no custom resolution) else the aiming will be completely off and stuck to top left of the screen mostly.
If you don't want to play Rambo in custom resolution then the only way is to play wiimote as mouse for gun games in Mode 2.

For Rage mode to work in the "Touchmote" software assign the 'X' button of the 360 to the d-pad UP of Wiimote. Also make sure in Demulshooter the Middle Mouse Button is sleceted as 'X'. That way Rambo can entertain RAGE mode when using the wiimote in Mode 4 of Dolphin bar. I had tried other button (like 1 and 2 on wiimote assigned to X in Touchmote) but that did not work.

So far the games that are working on my end are Rambo,Transfomers ,LGI 3D, Aliens : Extermination ((minus the quick time button pressing events don't know which buttons they are)
HOTD4 (Ver C updated) is not working (no cursor movement or firing), Operation Ghost not working, Luigi's Mansion Arcade also no cursor movement.

Do you have any luck in running the games mentioned above that aren't working on my end? I am only talking about dolphin bar in mode 4.
Just for information, I'll upload by the end of the week an update that will totally change the way joystick/joypads (and so WiiMote  w/o Touchmote) are handled.
I'd suggest to wait a little untill then, if you have trouble with your setup. Else you'll be loosing a lot of time  :(

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience but I had to make that "break" in order to support a lot more devices, in an easier way. I think Wiimote setup may be easier too, but I'll let users be the judge on that point :)

ark216

• Offline Offline

If you don't want to play Rambo in custom resolution then the only way is to play wiimote as mouse for gun games in Mode 2.

So far the games that are working on my end are Rambo,Transfomers ,LGI 3D, Aliens : Extermination ((minus the quick time button pressing events don't know which buttons they are)

Just for information, I'll upload by the end of the week an update that will totally change the way joystick/joypads (and so WiiMote  w/o Touchmote) are handled.
I'd suggest to wait a little untill then, if you have trouble with your setup. Else you'll be loosing a lot of time  :(

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience but I had to make that "break" in order to support a lot more devices, in an easier way. I think Wiimote setup may be easier too, but I'll let users be the judge on that point :)

Thank you for your reply Argon, i hope you stream line the issues, my point was to share information that might be useful to people or developers.
On a side note i am trying to run VCOP 3, they say that running it through command line is the only way demulshooter will work.I suck at command line, if i create a .bat file and run it instead will that do the job?
If so what will my .bat file look like.
For e.g. my path of my vcop3 executable is I:\EMULATORS\Cx Bx Reloaded\Virtua Cop 3 (Chihiro Beta)(128MB RAM Needed)\Virtua Cop 3 (Chihiro Beta). So what will i type in my .bat?
Also to note that my VCOP 3 is in a separate folder and CXBX Emulator is in a different folder (In this case path of CX BX is I:\EMULATORS\Cx Bx Reloaded\CxbxReloaded-Release-VS2019 )
So what will the final .bat file will look like?

SuperMagoAlex

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 05:57:01 pm

All games are working, you probably miss something.

For example, Luigi's Mansion you must use DemulShooterX64.exe (not demulshooter.exe) and last version Demulshooter v8.8.4.

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
Im going to eventually make my laptop an offline gaming machine and use another for internet because i dont trust Microsoft.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Thank you for your reply Argon, i hope you stream line the issues, my point was to share information that might be useful to people or developers.
Of course I'm following everything here, but in your case there is no reason for me to say something because there is no issue at all with Demulshooter.

There is no "not working game" at all, so it's just a matter of how you can set up you system to make it work and this is not up to me  ;)

Thanks for sharing your issues and results though, it may help people having the same trouble.
I was just warning you that you may loose a lot of hours searching for solution that won't be usefull at all in a few days. As this is the first time I'll break an older compatibility with an update, I'd rather warn people
[/quote]

On a side note i am trying to run VCOP 3, they say that running it through command line is the only way demulshooter will work.I suck at command line, if i create a .bat file and run it instead will that do the job?
For e.g. my path of my vcop3 executable is I:\EMULATORS\Cx Bx Reloaded\Virtua Cop 3 (Chihiro Beta)(128MB RAM Needed)\Virtua Cop 3 (Chihiro Beta). So what will i type in my .bat?
Also to note that my VCOP 3 is in a separate folder and CXBX Emulator is in a different folder (In this case path of CX BX is I:\EMULATORS\Cx Bx Reloaded\CxbxReloaded-Release-VS2019 )
I don't use .bat files, and you'll find tons of tutorial on the internet.
The needed command line for running Cxbx is written in the wiki at step 6 : https://github.com/argonlefou/DemulShooter/wiki/Chihiro

punkdark2000

• Offline Offline

ark216 Is there a need for the emulator and the rom to be in separate folders? Another thing that makes your process difficult is that its path is very long, the folder names are very long and it has some characters that make an executable file like (e) difficult. Here I simplified, created a folder called cxbx in c: and put the rom in the same folder as the emulator. I created an executable via AHK shortcut and it looks like this:

Run, c:\DemulShooter\DemulShooter.exe -target=chihiro -rom=vcop3, c:\demulshooter
Sleep 1000
Run, c:\cxbx\Cxbx.exe /load c:\cxbx\vc3.xbe, c:\cxbx
Sleep 5000
send,{AltDown}{Enter}{AltUp}

ark216

• Offline Offline

All games are working, you probably miss something.

For example, Luigi's Mansion you must use DemulShooterX64.exe (not demulshooter.exe) and last version Demulshooter v8.8.4.
@SuperAlexMago yes i am aware that DemulShooterX64.exe is needed for Luigi's Mansion Arcade.However thank you for pointing it out. Let me check the Demulshooter v8.8.4. to see if things improve. I 'll keep you posted.
EDIT: Version 8.8.4 i downloaded the master version, it does not have any executable like Demulshooter.exe in it. Can you provide me with a proper link?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 09:30:43 am by ark216 »

ark216

• Offline Offline

ark216 Is there a need for the emulator and the rom to be in separate folders? Another thing that makes your process difficult is that its path is very long, the folder names are very long and it has some characters that make an executable file like (e) difficult. Here I simplified, created a folder called cxbx in c: and put the rom in the same folder as the emulator. I created an executable via AHK shortcut and it looks like this:

Run, c:\DemulShooter\DemulShooter.exe -target=chihiro -rom=vcop3, c:\demulshooter
Sleep 1000
Sleep 5000
@punkdark2000 I keep emulator and rom in separate folders because it makes things more manageable and organised.I have never created an AHK script before. I will try and keep you posted.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 09:38:48 am by ark216 »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
@SuperAlexMago yes i am aware that DemulShooterX64.exe is needed for Luigi's Mansion Arcade.However thank you for pointing it out. Let me check the Demulshooter v8.8.4. to see if things improve. I 'll keep you posted.
EDIT: Version 8.8.4 i downloaded the master version, it does not have any executable like Demulshooter.exe in it. Can you provide me with a proper link?
You'll always find the latest version available to download at the bottom of the 1st message of this thread.
Github "releases" update has been on stand by due to heavy work on the code. The whole repository will be updated in a few days

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
I was wondering why there's no support for Gun Survivor 2 in Demul? Or at least no mention of it on your github. Movement is unique because you move back and forward and to the sides with the gun itself but I usually use a gamepad for movement at least on PS2. 

In flycast you can shoot the gun but I had to use a controller to aim which kinda ruins it.  In PCSX 2 with the PS2 version there's a lag in the shot so right now AFAIK there's no good way to play it on PC.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 04:27:59 pm by Jayinem »

punkdark2000

• Offline Offline
Argon is it possible to change Luigi's Mansion Strobulb function from the middle mouse button to the right button?

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 24, 2024, 05:40:47 am
Gun survivor 2 reminds me this:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?vl=en&v=aHfKwiJuduA
I play aiming and shooting with a gun in right hand and a pad in left hand
Ill test gunsurvivor2 in pcsx2 tomorrow, its the only game ps2 game I have not played. Virtua cop elite is the only that have shoot lqg for me

gstav

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 19, 2024, 01:40:48 pm
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,157861.0.html
In flycast you can shoot the gun but I had to use a controller to aim which kinda ruins it.  In PCSX 2 with the PS2 version there's a lag in the shot so right now AFAIK there's no good way to play it on PC.

I have yet to try it in retroarch - flycast, but I had it working in demul no problem. I dont think thisgame qualifies as a light gun game as you really shoudl lay this with a joystick and have button for strafe and fire.
The PS2 game is used toreally aim at the screen and move so a light gun game there, never got it to work with PXCS2 though. maybe I should try the new 1.6 version  :angel:
"One coin to rule em' all"

ark216

• Offline Offline
You'll always find the latest version available to download at the bottom of the 1st message of this thread.
Github "releases" update has been on stand by due to heavy work on the code. The whole repository will be updated in a few days
Thanks.

ark216

• Offline Offline

Sleep 1000
Sleep 5000
@punkdark2000 So i created 2 folders in my c drive, one demulshooter which had all the necessary files and folders of demulshooter extracted and the .bat "DemulShooter.exe -target=chihiro -rom=vcop3" text in it. Another folder in the root of c drive was the cxbx folder and inside it had all the cxbx files and the VCOP3 rom. I created he AHK script with the above code you gave me and created an .exe file of the ahk script. When i double click the exe file created from the ahk script it does launch the game directly BUT my wiimote does not work at all, none of the buttons work,hence i cannot start the game. I am using wiimote in mode 4 of dolphin bar along with with the touch mote software. Can you share your demulshooter and touchmote profile settings.

ark216

• Offline Offline
Argon is it possible to change Luigi's Mansion Strobulb function from the middle mouse button to the right button?
If you are using a mouse i don't think it's possible.

Jayinem

• Offline Offline

Sleep 1000
Sleep 5000
@punkdark2000 So i created 2 folders in my c drive, one demulshooter which had all the necessary files and folders of demulshooter extracted and the .bat "DemulShooter.exe -target=chihiro -rom=vcop3" text in it. Another folder in the root of c drive was the cxbx folder and inside it had all the cxbx files and the VCOP3 rom. I created he AHK script with the above code you gave me and created an .exe file of the ahk script. When i double click the exe file created from the ahk script it does launch the game directly BUT my wiimote does not work at all, none of the buttons work,hence i cannot start the game. I am using wiimote in mode 4 of dolphin bar along with with the touch mote software. Can you share your demulshooter and touchmote profile settings.

Why are you making a .bat of the demulshooter script just add it to the ahk otherwise you will have to click the .bat and then the .exe.

Just copy all the demulshooter files (don't move just copy, it doesn't hurt anything even if you have 100 different locations of the demulshooter files) and put them in the same directory as cxbx. It makes the script easier because then you don't have to set any locations.
I saw that you said you like to keep the files seperate but like i said you can make as many copies of demulshooter as you want and it does no harm what so ever to have them in the same directory. I have demulshooter files in all my directories of games that need it.  I mean if you absolutely insist that you don't want those files in the same location you can just set the directory of the demulshooter files which is also fine but to me this is easier especially since you're new to scripting I recommend making it as simple as you possible can.

Right click in the location of your cxbx and demulshooter files and make new ahk, and make the script like this

Run, DemulShooter.exe -target=chihiro -rom=vcop3
Run, Cxbx.exe /load vc3.xbe

All in the same script then make it an .exe, then all you should have to do is click it and play with game with your lightgun.

Your directory should look something like this

« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 11:55:03 am by Jayinem »

_Gioacchino_

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 10, 2023, 11:35:36 pm
I know RL has demulshooter as an option in the settings for Sega model 2, sega atomiswave, sega naomi, etc. But not for other systems like PC games, Dolphin, Taito type X, Ringedge/Ringwide/Teknoparrot, etc. Can you share how you got this game working in RL and demulshooter simultaneously? Isnt it Taito Type X? Thanks

Hi! Yes, I have not got around using just one instance of Demulshooter but using a per game one, no a biggie as it takes minimum place.
Your're right that it is made for emus, demul as a first I guess(!)  :angel: But, also separate ArcadePC-light gun titles like Gaia Attack 4, Music GUN!GUN! 2 and Operation G.H.O.S.T..

Also Dolphin looks like it is supported and I will look at it later on today if I have the chance as I think my Aimtraks is oversensetive as it is. So not only do you use Demulkshooter to hide the crosshair which many seem to believie it is only thing, but also enable 2 player functionality to games end emus which did not work in 2 player mode. Also the mouse sometimes works but the Aimtrak goes bananas in sensitivity, Demulshooter also fixes this. Great stuff  :applaud:

Now, back to the question for this game:

I have an instance of demulsooter in the games directory whit this settings, just enable the gun and a key for the flashbang as I only have one button on the NAMCO gun

Futher more I did an ahk file made to exe with ahk2exe compiler as I got fucus problem. This starts the Demulshooter and then wait and mousclicks on screen and sleeps again.
Dont know if all the sleep is necessary, but I had to do this in Music GUN!GUN!2, and it was a bit handy just copying it as it worked directly.  ::)

Run, E:\GAMES\Arcade PC\Elevator Action Death Parade\DemulShooter\DemulShooter.exe -target=ttx -rom=eadp
 Sleep, 100
 Send, {ALTDOWN}
 Sleep, 1200 ; to give time for the Alt + Tab window menu to come up
 Send, {TAB}
 Sleep, 1200
 Send, {ALTUP}
Return

in RocketLauncher i have this settings in the ArcadePC.ahk module

As you can see in the Demulshooter PDF, many titles are supported as you can see here:

https://github.com/argonlefou/DemulShooter/wiki

Taito Type X
   Elevator Action: Death Parade
   Gaia attack 4
   Gundam: Spirit Of Zeon
   Haunted Museum
   Haunted Museum 2
   Music Gun Gun ! 2
   Silent Hill: The Arcade
Global VR
   Aliens: Extermination (protected release)
   Aliens: Extermination (dehasped release)
   Fright Fear Land
RingWide
Dolphin

Let me know hhow it works for you

it's mandatory made the ahk script to exe for every arcade pc games? is it cool!

ark216

• Offline Offline

Sleep 1000
Sleep 5000

Why are you making a .bat of the demulshooter script just add it to the ahk otherwise you will have to click the .bat and then the .exe.

Just copy all the demulshooter files (don't move just copy, it doesn't hurt anything even if you have 100 different locations of the demulshooter files) and put them in the same directory as cxbx. It makes the script easier because then you don't have to set any locations.
I saw that you said you like to keep the files seperate but like i said you can make as many copies of demulshooter as you want and it does no harm what so ever to have them in the same directory. I have demulshooter files in all my directories of games that need it.  I mean if you absolutely insist that you don't want those files in the same location you can just set the directory of the demulshooter files which is also fine but to me this is easier especially since you're new to scripting I recommend making it as simple as you possible can.

Right click in the location of your cxbx and demulshooter files and make new ahk, and make the script like this

Run, DemulShooter.exe -target=chihiro -rom=vcop3
Run, Cxbx.exe /load vc3.xbe

All in the same script then make it an .exe, then all you should have to do is click it and play with game with your lightgun.

Your directory should look something like this
I followed exactly with what you said but issues remain.
1) The created exe from the ahk script (code/lines provided by you) launches the game in windowed mode.
2) The wiimote does not seem work no buttons work.
What modifications to your code should i make so that the game launches in fullscreen and the wiimote works?
Just to let you know i am using touchmote so that the wiimote can be seen as an xbox360 controller in conjunction with demulshooter likewise.
However the notes on the demulshooter page suggest that within the cxbx emulator set the controls to "none" for chihiro games.

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
This script doesn't make the emulator full screen, that's a setting in the emulator.

I don't personally use Wiimotes so I can't say why it's not working. I checked my cxbx and my inputs are set to none too so that's no different on my end But I'm using the same script and it works with my EMS Top Gun 3.

Well I'm not sure if this will help but double click on Demulshooter.exe in the directory and go to Player 1 and choose your Lightgun (you may need to find the id in device manager) and created a config and retry.

Other than that I guess someone who uses the same lightgun as you or argon will have to help further sorry.

For fullscreen open cxbx settings > configure video > use exclusive fullscreen mode
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 03:31:33 pm by Jayinem »

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
Lol well my bad it's not working for me either now it was the last time I played but now it's not. Let me try and figure out why and it may solve your problem too.

But press 1 on the keyboard for enter.

Try this which is mentioned in the wiki

Usage :
Open Cxbx-Reloaded and go to Settings -> Config Input and add a controller

Configure this contoller Dpad Up, Dpad Down, Start and Back buttons. These key will be used to navigate / select in TEST mode

Load and start vc3_t.xbe file to change TEST mode settings as you wish.

Restart Cxbx-Reloaded and go to Settings -> Config Input and set all controllers "None". From now on, you can directly start at step 5 next time.

Run Demulshooter for this game :
DemulShooter.exe -target=chihiro -rom=vcop3

Run Cxbx-Reloaded with the following command line (No need for calibration in game) :
Cxbx.exe /load [_path_to_vc3.xbe_]

Mine is not even working in test mode, and i have zero idea why the gun is working fine.

Edit: got mine working again because I keep backup copies of all my PC  files so I copied the entire directory from an external hard drive to the one on my computer. Unfortunately that means i don't know what steps it needed to fix it.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 04:23:36 pm by Jayinem »