Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Joy to key  (Read 1644 times)

Duhjoker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 29, 2016, 08:03:00 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Joy to key
« on: January 28, 2016, 11:36:40 pm »
    Using mala as my front end i can only exit the mala layout for each emu. I would like to be able to exit each emu with out using a keyboard or a mouse. Ive looked at each emu for a way to change that hot key but can only use other keyboard keys.

I would like to use something like joy to key to map an exit emu button but thats all i want to use it for. Ive already set up each emus button set with in the emu. If i use j2k do i have to use for all the buttons or can i set it to just exit the emu.

EMDB

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 05, 2023, 09:18:51 am
  • Project RetroCade
Re: Joy to key
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 03:06:44 am »
    Using mala as my front end i can only exit the mala layout for each emu. I would like to be able to exit each emu with out using a keyboard or a mouse. Ive looked at each emu for a way to change that hot key but can only use other keyboard keys.

I would like to use something like joy to key to map an exit emu button but thats all i want to use it for. Ive already set up each emus button set with in the emu. If i use j2k do i have to use for all the buttons or can i set it to just exit the emu.
Use an autohotkey script to map the exit button of your CP to the dedicated exit key (e.g. Alt-F4 for Window based emus) of the emu you run. This (and more) is what HyperLaunch / RocketLauncher is doing...

Duhjoker

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 02:48:19 am »
   Joy to key works perfectly!!!!

All i had to do was make a profile called "Exit Emulator" then i added the emu names and thier paths then assigned my 2nd player joystick left to alt and to F4, Then i made a shortcut for it and threw that into my startup folder. Now when i add power my PC starts up boots windows then starts mala and Joy to Key. Any time i want to quit a game i can now hit the J2 stick left and i dont have to change any of the emus controls setups.

EMDB

• Offline Offline
  • Project RetroCade
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 06:35:45 am »
   Joy to key works perfectly!!!!

All i had to do was make a profile called "Exit Emulator" then i added the emu names and thier paths then assigned my 2nd player joystick left to alt and to F4, Then i made a shortcut for it and threw that into my startup folder. Now when i add power my PC starts up boots windows then starts mala and Joy to Key. Any time i want to quit a game i can now hit the J2 stick left and i dont have to change any of the emus controls setups.
So you can't use your second stick to play games anymore  ???

Duhjoker

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2016, 03:33:05 pm »
Just for now. Im the only one playing it right now any way. Gonna invest in an extra xin mo so i can have a dedicated button and use my coinmech plus a select button for each control console.

Plus i didnt add mame to joytokey since i have more than enough buttons to exit it.

The other thing is i cant really play two player anyway with the other emus like nulldc or psxfin. Unless some one has figured out how to split the screen for cocktail mode.

Im all eyes for a suggestion on the split screen.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 04:13:38 pm by Duhjoker »

EMDB

• Offline Offline
  • Project RetroCade
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2016, 05:31:41 pm »
A dedicated exit button mapped to ESC or Alt-F4 if needed (using Joy To Key or AutoHotKey or whatever you prefer) is the way to go. Ang guests will understand this easily.

Duhjoker

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2016, 09:12:01 pm »
   I ended up just wiring up the coin mech to exit the emu. I guess im gonna invest in a single player control unit and use it for the coin mech and a dedicated button up under the cab (when i add feet) to exit the other emus. Ive almost used all the pins for my xin mo and it still needs two more buttons for a select button on each console.