Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Ddr to stepmania- how to configure mala and pacdrive?  (Read 1838 times)

cadillacman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 07, 2023, 01:06:58 pm
Ddr to stepmania- how to configure mala and pacdrive?
« on: August 09, 2015, 12:00:19 pm »
  Hello fellas long time no see. I am very active over at Klov.  Anyways I got a ddr supernova with a dead python2 so I decided to convert it to a pc and run stepmania.  So far with the help of a jpac and lots of swearing getting it configured it is playable.  Now I'm onto the hard part of getting pacdrive to run the spotlights and select buttons.  I've found the one connector at the python 2 is the input to the light driver board in this machine. It only takes a few ma per channel to activate the lamps, so this is where I'm hooking up the pacdrive.   Now I need the figure out how to setup mala to automatically boot stepmania and figure out how mala will control said lights.    I've seen posts all over about how you can't use pacdrive directly to run the lights, but the way I'm doing it and don't see there being an issue

cadillacman

• Offline Offline
Re: Ddr to stepmania- how to configure mala and pacdrive?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 09:54:51 pm »
Here's what I've done so far http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?p=3107059

Sent from my Z777 using Tapatalk

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 06:44:38 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 11:31:42 pm »
I'm running stepmania with a ddr 5th mix skin on an old laptop running crunch bang linux.  It's so close to perfect it drives me nuts.  One pad is using a minimus emulating a keyboard, other pad is rigged to a USB game pad.  They have to be plugged in precisely.

Fight the good fight.

:cheers:

cadillacman

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2015, 11:44:31 pm »
I'm no computer genius this is my problem...  Great with diag and replacing bad parts but all this pc stuff is kinda beyond my skill set..  I did figure out how to get the tower to power on upon switching on cabinet power so that's one step in the right direction. I'd love to get this to the point that the lights at least do something and the game boots automatically when the pc turns on..

cadillacman

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2015, 12:18:38 am »

cadillacman

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2015, 05:59:33 pm »
man ive gone about as far as a dum dum can go.

found the files neded to make lights work, added lightsdriver=pacdrive to the stepmania.ini file, still pacdrive does nothing but keep all lights on at all times.  bummer.

cadillacman

• Offline Offline