Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: What is this circuit board/wire connector in between my buttons and the I-pac?  (Read 796 times)

80sarcadegames

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 06, 2024, 09:03:51 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
I just brought this used from someone.

There are 3 wires disconnected from this unknown "circuitboard/wire connector". 

Any idea what its function is and does it matter which connection each wire uses when I try
to reconnect the three loose wires to it?
  :dizzy: ???

If it does matter which screw/connection each of the three loose wires need to go to, how can I figure out
which one each wire should go to?

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 06:44:38 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
Terminal strip.  It's so you can join two wires without having to solder them.  See what the loose wires are connected to.

JDFan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 21, 2023, 04:07:42 pm
Those look to be terminal blocks that they added in between the ipac and the various controls for some reason - TO know which wire goes to which connection you would need to find out where the other end of the loose wire goes to and also which connection the empty connections trace back to the Ipac.

For example if you look at one of the loose wires and it is coming from the player 1 joystick left switch - then the other end would connect to the opposite side of the wire that runs to the ipac connector that is labelled Player1 joy left ( Labelled 1left on the ipac2)

SO you just need to look at each of the loose wires and follow it to the control it is hooked up to and then attach it to the empty terminal connection that goes to the Ipac2 connection for that connection. (since there are only 3 it should be easy - but in the long run you might want to just redo the entire wiring and clean it up using shrink wrap for the various runs to the various locations.)

80sarcadegames

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 06, 2024, 09:03:51 pm
Thanks guys! That should be easy for me to connect the disconnected wires!!!!