Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Ultimarc Rotary Upgrade in Arcade Legends/Golden Tee  (Read 1493 times)

wichitakid71

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2024, 08:03:41 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Ultimarc Rotary Upgrade in Arcade Legends/Golden Tee
« on: October 30, 2019, 02:13:18 pm »
I have an arcade legends cabinet which appears pretty similar to a full-size golden tee cabinet. I’m interested in replacing one of my joysticks with an Ultimarc joystick with the rotary joystick upgrade.  Has anyone installed this configuration? The way the golden tee cabinet is designed, the area under the control panel is fairly shallow. Also wondering if anyone has installed one of these joystick upgrades and found out that it needs more clearance or room than meets the eye.  Any experiences are appreciated.

Thanks.

Scott

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:58:35 pm
  • Designated spam hunter
Re: Ultimarc Rotary Upgrade in Arcade Legends/Golden Tee
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2019, 03:26:38 pm »
I’m interested in replacing one of my joysticks with an Ultimarc joystick with the rotary joystick upgrade.
You are asking about the "Ikari style 12-way Rotary Upgrade", not the optical rotary upgrade, right?

the area under the control panel is fairly shallow.
Didn't see a minimum clearance spec for the Ikari upgrade on the Ultimarc site.
- The visible part of the shaft is 48mm. (see installation document here)
- Based on this photo, the distance under the panel appears to be about 2x that distance plus however much extra distance is needed for the USB connection when the handle is pushed in that direction causing the rotary switch board and USB cable to tilt.

If you don't have at least 4 - 4.5" (100 - 110mm) clearance, it probably won't fit.

Scott