Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Can we complain about mods, or maybe get one replaced?  (Read 53549 times)

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+45)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 22, 2024, 02:54:32 pm
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
Re: Can we complain about mods, or maybe get one replaced?
« Reply #120 on: February 20, 2015, 12:39:14 pm »
And meh.  It's a customer request.  He sends me a pic, says he wants 4 controllers, make em look like this:

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2024, 07:27:18 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #121 on: February 20, 2015, 01:33:47 pm »
I take a 9 day break and come back to this? (PS, you guys probably didn't even notice :( )
My one thought is that the perception of having a moderator in the Retail Vendors forum who is also a Retail Vendor (and as such, has skin in the game) is that this exact point can be made quite easily.

I wont try as to not offend, because offended people will always find a way to be offended. This is now at least the 3rd time you've tried to make such a passive/aggressive accusation.
Here: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,141081.msg1461253.html#msg1461253 (Man, I even defense Scottard in this one!)
and here : http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,133905.msg1388865.html#msg1388865

A few things you fail to acknowledge, like the fact Haruman is the one who pinned your vendor sticky in the first place, and more importantly the fact you don't actually sell anything. He also pinned ebarlow's BST thread prior to Eric quitting BYOAC. You two are the only other bartop vendors Im aware of he didnt let the fact he sells bartops stop him from doing his moderating duties.

All that being said, your perception may not be indicative of the public's feelings, and the vast majority of blanket statements are false.

If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 06:44:38 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #122 on: February 20, 2015, 01:43:05 pm »
I ain't really all that butthurt about it and I look forward to the thread poisoning rule being enforced.

:cheers:

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #123 on: February 20, 2015, 01:53:22 pm »
I ain't really all that butthurt about it and I look forward to the thread poisoning rule being enforced.

it wont, or you'd be banned, I'd be warned by saint, and X2's account would be nuked from space.

The tough part about things like fight sticks, is there's only so much you can do and in the end its bound to resemble something else already out there. I meant its just a glorified 6 sided wooden rectangle.  :cheers:

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:10:09 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #124 on: February 20, 2015, 02:05:25 pm »
I take a 9 day break and come back to this? (PS, you guys probably didn't even notice :( )

I noticed, bro. Welcome back!!!

My one thought is that the perception of having a moderator in the Retail Vendors forum who is also a Retail Vendor (and as such, has skin in the game) is that this exact point can be made quite easily.

I wont try as to not offend, because offended people will always find a way to be offended. This is now at least the 3rd time you've tried to make such a passive/aggressive accusation.
Here: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,141081.msg1461253.html#msg1461253 (Man, I even defense Scottard in this one!)
and here : http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,133905.msg1388865.html#msg1388865

A few things you fail to acknowledge, like the fact Haruman is the one who pinned your vendor sticky in the first place, and more importantly the fact you don't actually sell anything. He also pinned ebarlow's BST thread prior to Eric quitting BYOAC. You two are the only other bartop vendors Im aware of he didnt let the fact he sells bartops stop him from doing his moderating duties.

All that being said, your perception may not be indicative of the public's feelings, and the vast majority of blanket statements are false.

Funny thing, perception. Once could perceive that a "vendor" making such accusations against another "vendor" is nothing more than sour grapes.
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

Rick

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 09, 2023, 01:16:55 pm
  • Bartop, Cocktail and Pinball Arcade Cabinets
    • Gameroom Designs Canada
« Reply #125 on: February 20, 2015, 02:14:34 pm »

It's not an accusation - it's a fact. (I don't think it's all that "passive aggressive", either.) We have a moderator who has the ability to exert power and control over the Retail Vendors thread - regardless of whether he does so or not - who is also a Retail Vendor. It's my opinion that this isn't good for the forums, as it could be viewed in a negative light.

A few things you fail to acknowledge, like the fact Haruman is the one who pinned your vendor sticky in the first place, and more importantly the fact you don't actually sell anything. He also pinned ebarlow's BST thread prior to Eric quitting BYOAC. You two are the only other bartop vendors I'm aware of he didn't let the fact he sells bartops stop him from doing his moderating duties.

I'm sorry, but you're incorrect on the fact that I "don't sell anything". Regardless of the fact that I don't have a fully-functional CNC, I still have a stock of my own fight sticks for sale. I will also be opening my website/storefront shortly, and have PM'd Saint with a couple of questions that I need to get answered, prior to releasing the information publicly.

My perception/opinion certainly may NOT be indicative of the public's feelings. That's why they call it an opinion. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't make it any less important. In my opinion, you're being rather one-sided, and argumentative, which is fully within your right.

In my opinion, Haruman has been more than fair to everybody - myself included. My opinion isn't meant to be a personal attack. I like the guy. I've talked to him via PM and email offline. Sure we disagree on things from time to time - and in some instances, I've crapped up his threads a bunch and have apologized and asked him to sanitize them. I don't bear him any ill will whatsoever.

Beyond that, I have no idea what got you all upset.

Funny thing, perception. One could perceive that a "vendor" making such accusations against another "vendor" is nothing more than sour grapes.

You're missing the point, but I get it. It wasn't meant to be personal - it's a viewpoint. It's certainly not sour grapes, as I do know that I've complimented his work and have recommended him to others.

For the record, I like Haruman. He's done a lot for the community, and has been a cornerstone to this hobby. He's a good and fair moderator. I like Malenko. He offers his time, good information, and quality graphics work to the community. I like Yotsuya. He makes me laugh. He's never without something to say.

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #126 on: February 20, 2015, 02:17:48 pm »
it wont, or you'd be banned, I'd be warned by saint, and X2's account would be nuked from space.

Funny thing, perception. One could perceive that a "vendor" making such accusations against another "vendor" is nothing more than sour grapes.

You're misusing the idiom sour grapes, English Teacher.

Well Fed Games

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 06, 2022, 07:30:46 pm
  • Delicious!
« Reply #127 on: February 20, 2015, 02:21:29 pm »
Not sure what there is left to say. Complaints were aired, the mod has responded (in a respectful way, from where I sit), Saint has chimed in as well. This is a great forum. There is nothing in the hobby that compares. Not sure what the reason is for the high stress is around here lately, but I hope it fades soon. :cheers:
Completed projects: Pac bartop (Plug & Play), 30th Anniversary Pac cab (MAME), Point Blank (PS1), Centipede (arcade hardware- light restore), VS. Super Mario Bros (arcade hardware- light restore) Tetris Cocktail (SNES), Arcade Classics upright (60-in-1, then MAME), Multi-Raiden (arcade hardware). Pac Man vs.(Gamecube),

Working on: Pinball Re-theme, Homebrew arcade arena shooter

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #128 on: February 20, 2015, 02:22:40 pm »
No, I don't think I am. But that certainly doesn't change my perception of you, homeboy.

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
« Reply #129 on: February 20, 2015, 02:24:53 pm »
Good lord...  pbj's laughing his butt off somewhere, I'm sure.

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #130 on: February 20, 2015, 02:31:07 pm »
I used to care what PBJ thinks, but I know now he's pretty much the clown that used to be his avatar. Whatever gives him his kicks, I guess.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #131 on: February 20, 2015, 02:31:23 pm »
brief retort:
Rick,
Yes , it is possible he could. Its just not probable or likely, so I don't see how him being a vendor and mod is an issue. As soon as he starts doing underhanded ---steaming pile of meadow muffin---, I'm on your side.
If you feel that Haruman is more than fair to everyone, why bother saying he shouldn't be a seller and a mod?

Not selling anything was a joke. I know you sold at least 1 bartop that I did the Galaga art on, honestly I don't keep tabs on sellers.

I'm not one-sided, just pointing out why I disagree with you. I'm also not upset, but a little irritated, its like your beating a dead horse for no reason.

I appreciate the kind words, but some would say that I should go away. That my knowledge , time, and more often than not free artwork isnt worth the trouble of having me around. My self imposed 9 day ban was a gift to those people.  :cheers:

You're misusing the idiom sour grapes, English Teacher.
How so? I was taught it meant self imagined hate for something one does not or cannot have ; in this case I would think sales one vendor got over another. From  Aesop's fables, right?

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #132 on: February 20, 2015, 02:38:40 pm »
For me, it's this imagined "power" that only HaRuMaN has a vendor that no one else has to influence sales.

If PBJ made a thread like this one commenting how H-man's stick looked like Xs and that got deleted, I'd agree. But don't crap a FS thread. I'd feel the some way if someone crapped Rick's FS thread saying he stole designs from Taito, Nintnedo,  etc.

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
« Reply #133 on: February 20, 2015, 02:41:23 pm »

Rick

• Offline Offline
« Reply #134 on: February 20, 2015, 02:45:48 pm »
Yes, it is possible he could. It's just not probable or likely, so I don't see how him being a vendor and mod is an issue. As soon as he starts doing underhanded ---steaming pile of meadow muffin---, I'm on your side.

That wouldn't happen - I'm pretty confident of that. But that, in itself, is not my point. I'm not saying Haruman is (or ever would be) a problem.

If you feel that Haruman is more than fair to everyone, why bother saying he shouldn't be a seller and a mod?

Not selling anything was a joke. I know you sold at least 1 bartop that I did the Galaga art on, honestly I don't keep tabs on sellers.

I didn't realize it was a joke. I was concerned that my status would be in jeopardy, if the perception was that I didn't have products to sell. (I also have a price list in the thread.)

:)

I'm not one-sided, just pointing out why I disagree with you. I'm also not upset, but a little irritated, its like your beating a dead horse for no reason.

I appreciate that. I look at it this way. This is not my site, it's Saint's. I like to think of this place as his business, and we're all stakeholders in it. If it's successful, we're all a little more successful. If we're Microsoft and someone on our Board of Directors works for Apple, then sometime, someone is going to come in and ---smurfette--- about it (a poor analogy, maybe, but still) and I think that brings us all down a bit.

Arguing like we do sometimes - and I gotta say, I felt ganged up on a bit here - bears a striking parallel to conversations on KLOV, which is a reason I don't go there much. (That being said, this is a public forum, and considering I've been a member on a bunch of them for more years than I have fingers and toes, you'd think I'd be used to that whole "brutal honesty/you butthurt, bro?" thing by now.)

:P

I appreciate the kind words, but some would say that I should go away. That my knowledge, time, and more often than not free artwork isn't worth the trouble of having me around. My self imposed 9 day ban was a gift to those people.

I, for one, would miss you. Then again, I also missed PBJ when he left. So, maybe my opinion can't really be trusted after all.

;)

Jokes. I joke. (At the expense of PBJ's perceived foibles only - I actually really did miss the guy when he left.)

In all seriousness, I do try to treat everybody as respectfully as I can, and when I'm NOT being respectful, I try to make sure people know I'm joking - with an emoticon, a "jk", or something.

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #135 on: February 20, 2015, 02:47:22 pm »
Hey, I missed PBJ, too. He may be an ---uvula---, but he's OUR ---uvula---.

Rick

• Offline Offline
« Reply #136 on: February 20, 2015, 02:47:51 pm »
If PBJ made a thread like this one commenting how H-man's stick looked like Xs and that got deleted, I'd agree. But don't crap a FS thread. I'd feel the some way if someone crapped Rick's FS thread saying he stole designs from Taito, Nintnedo,  etc.

At least I came up with some original names. "Pretendo"? Really?

:lol

(Also - I agree with your point.)

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #137 on: February 20, 2015, 02:49:11 pm »
Rick- it's all good.  :cheers:

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
« Reply #138 on: February 20, 2015, 02:49:37 pm »
In my opinion, Haruman has been more than fair to everybody - myself included. My opinion isn't meant to be a personal attack. I like the guy. I've talked to him via PM and email offline.

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #139 on: February 20, 2015, 02:50:43 pm »
We just need Jim to post the Now Kiss gif and we'll be ready for the weekend.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #140 on: February 20, 2015, 02:53:17 pm »

I came up with pretendo, well , I didnt come up with the word, but I thought it worked well for the cab design. I think I named all the cabs :/

Just told him to change it to Mintendo (MIni ninTENDO) , so suck it?  :cheers:
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 02:55:37 pm by Malenko »

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
« Reply #141 on: February 20, 2015, 02:55:19 pm »

I came up with pretendo, well , I didnt come up with the word, but I thought it worked well for the cab design. I think I named all the cabs :/

Other than Ultimate widescreen, yup. 

harveybirdman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 19, 2024, 12:40:25 pm
  • SHMUP'EM
« Reply #142 on: February 20, 2015, 02:57:15 pm »
Personally I think you're all a bunch of nerds and no group of women would ever rate any of you higher than a 6....  (just depends on how much $ you make)

Generic Eric

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 05, 2024, 09:02:23 am
  • Restore! Don't maim for MAME, build from scratch!
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,143226.0.html
« Reply #143 on: February 20, 2015, 02:58:24 pm »
Hey, I missed PBJ, too. He may be an ---uvula---, but he's OUR ---uvula---.

They could log in under different names, but some point, these  archetypes would manifest themselves anyway.

He maybe our ---uvula--- now:

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #144 on: February 20, 2015, 03:01:26 pm »
I look at you guys like brothers - some times brothers fight, sometimes they mess with each other, but in the end, we got each other's backs. Some of you are that creepy sister, though, and one or two of you are that ---uvula--- cousin you have that is always full of ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- (and loves to eat Peanut Butter and Jelly), but he's family so you love him anyway.

Rick

• Offline Offline
« Reply #145 on: February 20, 2015, 03:02:52 pm »
I came up with pretendo, well, I didn't come up with the word, but I thought it worked well for the cab design. I think I named all the cabs.

If you ever want a primer on arcade cab naming, you know where to find me.

:burgerking:

Rick

• Offline Offline
« Reply #146 on: February 20, 2015, 03:04:03 pm »
I look at you guys like brothers - some times brothers fight, sometimes they mess with each other, but in the end, we got each other's backs. Some of you are that creepy sister, though, and one or two of you are that ---uvula--- cousin you have that is always full of ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- (and loves to eat Peanut Butter and Jelly), but he's family so you love him anyway.

Aww, and I'll always think of you as that uncle that... ...you know.

Err.

;)

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #147 on: February 20, 2015, 03:05:00 pm »

Err.

;)

No, according to the late CoryBee, YOU'RE Uncle Touchy with the Naked Puzzle Basement.  >:D

Rick

• Offline Offline
« Reply #148 on: February 20, 2015, 03:06:14 pm »
No, according to the late CoryBee, YOU'RE Uncle Touchy with the Naked Puzzle Basement.  >:D

Whatever you say, Uncle Yots.

:D

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
« Reply #149 on: February 20, 2015, 03:06:23 pm »
Whatever happened to CoryBee?

Generic Eric

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 05, 2024, 09:02:23 am
  • Restore! Don't maim for MAME, build from scratch!
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,143226.0.html
« Reply #150 on: February 20, 2015, 03:06:50 pm »

Err.

;)

Damn, he is late isn't he?  He should be here by now.

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #151 on: February 20, 2015, 03:07:15 pm »

Whatever you say, Uncle Yots.

:D
No problem, Cousin Eddie.

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #152 on: February 20, 2015, 03:08:55 pm »
Whatever happened to CoryBee?
He's wearing a puffy shirt and making his way across Europe trying to get laid.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 04:38:53 pm by yotsuya »

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #153 on: February 20, 2015, 03:09:30 pm »
So now that you've all tugged it out how about you invest some effort in addressing the following:

A website that actually works, displays what exactly you're selling, includes prices,details how to put them together, and shows some finished products.

An enormous and obnoxious company logo that leads you to a complete dead end is worthless.  (time to alleviate the eye twitch and filter that damned thing)

Burying product announcements in a bloated, obscene 1,800 post thread accomplishes nothing.

Your market is filthy casuals that can't work a jigsaw.  Why do you both make it so hard for them to give you money? 

harveybirdman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 19, 2024, 12:40:25 pm
  • SHMUP'EM
« Reply #154 on: February 20, 2015, 03:11:40 pm »

Rick

• Offline Offline
« Reply #155 on: February 20, 2015, 03:19:03 pm »
A website that actually works, displays what exactly you're selling, includes prices,details how to put them together, and shows some finished products.

I have all of that in progress. In fact, I'll be the first to say I'm too focused on the details and could have probably launched 'most of it' months ago. I do hope to have this completed and launched in the next week. (I am still waiting on some info from Saint, so Saint, if you're reading this, there's a PM waiting for you.)

An enormous and obnoxious company logo that leads you to a complete dead end is worthless. (time to alleviate the eye twitch and filter that damned thing)

If you're speaking of mine, I don't find it enormous nor obnoxious. Different strokes.

Burying product announcements in a bloated, obscene 1,800 post thread accomplishes nothing.

That I agree! When you're right, you're right.

Your market is filthy casuals that can't work a jigsaw. Why do you both make it so hard for them to give you money?

Again, you're right. I'm working on it, good sir.

saint

• turned to the Dark Side
  • Supreme Chancellor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 09:38:40 am
  • I only work in cyberspace...
    • Build Your Own Arcade Controls
« Reply #156 on: February 20, 2015, 03:36:12 pm »
*unlurk*

Responded. Sorry Rick, thought I had already. Getting too senile to be trusted.
--- John St.Clair
     Build Your Own Arcade Controls FAQ
     http://www.arcadecontrols.com/
     Project Arcade 2!
     http://www.projectarcade2.com/
     saint@arcadecontrols.com

opt2not

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 02, 2024, 07:42:30 pm
« Reply #157 on: February 20, 2015, 04:41:35 pm »
Your market is filthy casuals that can't work a jigsaw.  Why do you both make it so hard for them to give you money? 
In general, if you're building a mame machine you're pretty much a "filthy casual". Everyone knows playing on real PCB's are for hardcore playaz. ;) 8)
But lets face it, Mame is great for sampling games...very seldom do people concentrate on one game for a while when there's so many games to choose from.

*fyi Rick, quoting pbj too many times is like repeating Bloody Mary 3 times in front of a mirror with the lights turned off.

Vigo

• the Scourage of Carpathia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2024, 08:20:28 am
« Reply #158 on: February 20, 2015, 04:44:12 pm »
But lets face it, Mame is great for sampling games...very seldom do people concentrate on one game for a while when there's so many games to choose from.

I actually appreciate the competitions here for that reason, because it does get me to play a game for a week or so, at least if the game doesn't blow chunks.

opt2not

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 02, 2024, 07:42:30 pm
« Reply #159 on: February 20, 2015, 04:46:12 pm »

I actually appreciate the competitions here for that reason, because it does get me to play a game for a week or so, at least if the game doesn't blow chunks.
Oh definitely, I agree with that.